Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Buddha is a Master Builder.

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Subcategory....fun and games, B) . Any Lego builders here? Mini figs? My two kids at home, 12 and 13 can sit for hours and build legos. When we do home made gifts for holidays...i always get at least 2 sculptures. I don't have the time to meditate on it and create, but I do have a starter collection of minifigs! We are chompin' at the bit for the Lego Batman Movie!

Jesus Meets Buddha ....

karastiJaySonTiggerKundo

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

We love legos. My kids have a huge thing of them from my childhood. And I have my own, in a cabinet in my bedroom, LOL. Most women have angel statues, I have legos. I love puzzles and I love to play. So legos fit the bill of puzzles that are play and can go on display (and don't take up the dining room table for weeks). I wish they didn't cost so much! We have a family of minifigs that live in our car.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Sadly I had to leave all my Lego behind when I emigrated to the US aged 11, we could take only a few suitcases, no room for a huge Lego collection. I used to really enjoy playing with it too, and it was probably instrumental to me choosing to do an engineering degree at Uni.

Vastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited February 2017

The kits are very expensive. I bought 2 big tubs of mixed and then bought them a builder book......so they only get kits on holidays, hahaha. The last kit bought was Adjua got the Joker and Harley Quinn Lego car for Christmas.

The pics below are .... Sushi from Kofi for Christmas..

My mini fig park scene on my dresser...

Our Lego minifig on the alter...

My fav out of everything we have is the natural bird set..i could stare it at for hours...brb with a pic...

karastiBunksKundo

^^^^ why are my pics so big? :glasses:

Yes, we pretty much leave sets for holidays/birthdays as well. If they get spending money of their own, legos are always first on the list. I'm glad all these years we've kept our collection (well, my mom did!). Love the sushi!! My spatial ability is almost nonexistant, so I struggle to come up with neat stuff on my own. Awesome of Kofi!

edited February 2017

Luckily here they opened a bricks store about 5 mins away.The kids are too old to have attended a b day party there, hahaha...but they have long tables and sell you a bucket and its all the pieces you can fit in it. pieces off of kits! Excellent for building! you can make your own mini for $5. Good fun on a Sunday <3:)

karasti

That's awesome! Minneapolis has a big Lego store in the Mall of America, which is really neat. I always wanted to go to Legoland in FL,but just couldn't justify the cost of yet another theme park when we were there. I'd probably just embarrass my kids anyhow.

Vastmind
  • We're big on Lego in our house, my wife got and built the 4000+ piece Disney castle at Christmas and we've had a few big sets like that before. We have the entire Lego Dimensions collection and are looking forward to the new Lego Worlds game coming out in March. Perhaps something to do with me being a structural engineer, or vice versa.

JeroenVastmind
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited February 2017

Back in the early 80s we were visiting friends in Aarhus Denmark (with my eldest son who was around 2 at the time) our friends took us to legoland....

Legoland's so plastic :):wink:

VastmindlobsterTigger