Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bush Fires in Oz

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

"Bush Fires in Oz"

Aussie cousins @dhammachick @Bunks & all in the bush fire zone in Oz ....The heatwaves across NSW sounds nasty...Hope you're keeping cool (both mentally and physically) and safe from the bush fires ...

Tigger

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Thanks @Shoshin - yes, a nasty business.

I hope all those affected remain safe.

Nice and cool down south (Victoria) where I am. I had long pants and a jumper on for a fair chunk of yesterday while they sweltered in NSW and Queensland!

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Thanks @Shoshin - so far so good where I am in NSW. It's been a scorcher here. Averaging 39C/110F each day. Tomorrow's supposed to drop to 24C/78F which will be a welcome relief but straight back up to catastrophic on Wednesday :anguished:

Luckily I'm fairly removed from the fires and my family up the coast are safe atm. Thanks for thinking of Bunks and I :heart:

_ /\ _

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

You're welcome....That's good news...May Mother Nature bring some rain and cooler weather .

On the island we've got temperatures around the mid twenties, but high humidity .... A couple of years ago we did have a drought temperatures reaching 30C, it's been quite dry lately so the water company trucks are very busy, rushed off their feet...

Closer to home the Christchurch Port Hills in the South Island are in the grips of a major "bush fire"

Bummer! I always think of NZ as being such a lush, green country but I do remember rhe Canterbury Plains being quite dry in summer. None of the rain gets across the Southern Alps yeah?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I hear North and South Islands are really different, territory-wise... almost as if they're different countries.
    A very famous NZ author (whose books my father adored), Ngaio Marsh, was very evocative in her descriptions of her homeland....

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

It's back to 39C/108F tomorrow :-1:

Stay cool @dhammachick!

It's meant to rain in Chch on the 17th 18th & 19th hopefully this will dampen things down a bit...

Yes the North & South islands weather patterns are quite strange at times...It was snowing a few weeks back in parts of the South island, whilst the rest of the country was beach weather...

Yes... stay cool @dhammachick ...