Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hello everyone!

CoryCory Tennessee Veteran

After several years of absence and self discovery I am back! Many things in my life have changed since my last login. I joined the army and am already almost finished with my contract, I will not be reenlisting though. I got the chance to go to Korea and live there for a year which is one of the best experiences of my life so far. Slowly but surely I am progressing and becoming more calm and mindful through study, and applying. I always struggled with staying on the path but I am becoming more focused. I'm glad to be back, can't wait to jump back into the discussions

VastmindlobsterToshajhayesShoshinHozan

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well, it's been a while! But as you can see, the door is never shut, and you're always welcome to grab a cup and have a coffee. Doughnuts in the larder. Kick your boots off and put your slippers on!

Sugar....?

Cory
  • TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran
    edited February 2017

Hi @Cory , Nice to meet you =)

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

G'day @Cory - welcome back!

• Welcome back <3 Glad you are becoming more focussed and making progress <3

• Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

Nice to meet you...

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

@cory --Welcome back. Never underestimate what Buddhism and the military have to teach. :)

lobster
  • ToshTosh Veteran

Hi Cory, I remember you. I was in the British army for 17 years and rose to the dizzy heights of Staff Sergeant, which is probably equivalent to one of your generals (that's a tongue in cheek joke).

What branch did you join?

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

Welcome back! I was stationed in Korea near Camp Casey. I agree, it was absolutely wonderful! That was where I was first exposed to Buddhism.

• CoryCory Tennessee Veteran
    edited March 2017

@tosh I joined the army, and quite the time I have had.

And @ajhayes I was in Casey for 6 months but my unit deactivated, and then I went on a rigmarole around Korea for a month or so and got to see a little bit of everything, then settled in Humphreys for the rest of my time. It was great.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Toshajhayes
  • Welcome @Cory. Did you have any experiences with Korean Buddhism?

• CoryCory Tennessee Veteran

I went to a particularly large temple in Degu, with a massive gold statue of Buddha on the roof. It was gorgeous, like a touch of nature and beauty in the middle of buildings as far as you can see. I didn't experience much of the Korean Buddhist culture though.

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

@Cory said:
    @tosh I joined the army, and quite the time I have had.

And @ajhayes I was in Casey for 6 months but my unit deactivated, and then I went on a rigmarole around Korea for a month or so and got to see a little bit of everything, then settled in Humphreys for the rest of my time. It was great.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Did you check out Jajaeam Temple at all?

• HozanHozan Veteran

@Cory nice to meet you Cory