Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New? Introduce Yourself to NB Members!

15678911»

Comments

• HozanHozan Veteran
    edited March 15

Hi all,
    thank you very much for the add. I'm based in Ireland. I have meditated on and off for years but am looking to make a bigger committment to an ongoing daily practice, rather than being hit and miss with the practice. I look forward to your friendship, support and advice. I follow the Zen Buddhist tradition. Look forward to sharing and learning. I am a Dad to 2 young boys.

Bunks
  • johnathanjohnathan Veteran
    edited March 15

Hi all,

I'm not a noob persay, I have just been away for a few years and am back again, hopefully to stay.

-Johnathan

For those who don't know me;

I live in Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada. I am a Behavioral Support Worker (full time) and a Residential Rehabilitation Worker and a Human Services Worker (both casual).
    I have 2 sons (9 and 12).
    I came to this site about 6 years ago after a seperation/divorce seeking advice on dealing with issues of managing anger. I have since married again and after 3 years am once again seperately. It's been 6 months and I am currently in a healthy, loving relationship.

I will spend some time reading through the discussion threads before I start posting. I look forward to reaquainting with old friends and making new ones here.

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Hi @Razor.

<3

Buddha was not a Buddhist. Christ was a Jew. No idea what vajrayana is. Some sort of Hindu cult gone elsewhere as far as I know . . .

Hi @kerance <3

Welcome. B)

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

G'day @Hozan and @johnathan - enjoy!

Hozan

@johnathan said:
    Hi all,

I'm not a noob persay, I have just been away for a few years and am back again, hopefully to stay.

-Johnathan

For those who don't know me;

I live in Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada. I am a Behavioral Support Worker (full time) and a Residential Rehabilitation Worker and a Human Services Worker (both casual).
    I have 2 sons (9 and 12).
    I came to this site about 6 years ago after a seperation/divorce seeking advice on dealing with issues of managing anger. I have since married again and after 3 years am once again seperately. It's been 6 months and I am currently in a healthy, loving relationship.

I will spend some time reading through the discussion threads before I start posting. I look forward to reaquainting with old friends and making new ones here.

Truro hey? I was just reading about Truro in Cornwall, UK. My parents are going there in a couple of months (we have ancestors from that part of the world).

• HozanHozan Veteran

G'day Bunks.

• HozanHozan Veteran

Bunks I spent 12 months travelling and working in your beautiful country between 2003 and 2004. Happy memories.

• RazorRazor Oregon Explorer

@Bunks said:
    Welcome @Razor!

Thanks bunks. Nice to meet you.

@lobster said:
    Hi @Razor.

<3

Buddha was not a Buddhist. Christ was a Jew. No idea what vajrayana is. Some sort of Hindu cult gone elsewhere as far as I know . . .

Hi @kerance <3

Welcome. B)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not here to try and explain anything to anyone, but Vajrayana is not a Hindu cult. It actually is 100% Buddhism. You just have to actually research it to find out.

@Hozan said:
    Bunks I spent 12 months travelling and working in your beautiful country between 2003 and 2004. Happy memories.

Nice! I dated an Irish girl from Tuam in Co Galway when living in London a life time ago. Had a

@Razor said:

@Bunks said:
    Welcome @Razor!

@lobster said:
    Hi @Razor.

<3

Hi @kerance <3

Welcome. B)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not here to try and explain anything to anyone, but Vajrayana is not a Hindu cult. It actually is 100% Buddhism. You just have to actually research it to find out.

Don't worry about @lobster. You'll get used to him ;)

lobster
  • federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Moderator

@Bunks said:

@Razor said:

@Bunks said:
    Welcome @Razor!

@lobster said:
    Hi @Razor.

<3

Hi @kerance <3

Welcome. B)

Don't worry about @lobster. You'll get used to him ;)

Hah!! That will take some doing.....! @lobster is our resident jester and village idiot. In some quarters, that makes him the wisest one of all....

Bunkskerancelobster

Thanks for the heads up.

I want out! This place is terrible. Someone ban me or delete my profile if possible. @lobster fuck you!!!!

silver
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

You yourself are really a card, @Razor!

{Omg - gun to head as avatar} O.o

• BrownbuddhaBrownbuddha Osaka, Japan Explorer

Welcome

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Hah!! That will take some doing.....!

:3

I am so used to the naughty corner, I send myself there ... I try to be good o:) It is the wise option ...

Brownbuddha

Now that is funny!

@Razor said:
    I want out! This place is terrible. Someone ban me or delete my profile if possible. @lobster fuck you!!!!

Always happy to oblige a moron's request.
    (I said that out loud, didn't I....? :unamused: )

lobsterBrownbuddhaHozandhammachick
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Tee Hee. @federica puts on her stomping boots ... ;)

I never get's a real chance to play with them naughty trolls ... :o

Well, you know what they say, @lobster, bad habits are easier to pick up than good ones. One troll, I can deal with. Join forces with them and play their game, and it gets to playing on a sticky wicket.

lobsterHozan
    edited March 19

@lobster ???

dhammachick
  • dhammachickdhammachick crazy Aussie BUJU Sydney, Australia Veteran

I feel very left out, @lobster never picks on me or pisses me off. What's wrong with me huh?

:awesome:

Hozanlobster
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Hi @dhammachick good to meet you. :)

• dhammachickdhammachick crazy Aussie BUJU Sydney, Australia Veteran

Ditto @Hozan I've been away for a bit.

_ /\ _

• HozanHozan Veteran

@dhammachick im new here! From Ireland. Nice to be part of the Sangha

dhammachick

Welcome