Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What music are you listening to?

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Kundo
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited January 2017

Midnight Oil today

https://youtu.be/16bFBzx7I_0

ETA - the file won't embed :-1:

• BeejBeej Human Being Veteran

[

](http://

"

")

• ShoshinJeroenNirvana
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited January 2017

Great to fall to sleep to or wake up on, haven't tried it for meditating though, but beautiful. And by a Dutch composer, Simeon Ten Holt.

• IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited January 2017

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2017

Been listening to a lot of industrial lately, like Dead Animal Assembly Plant.

(P.S., For those who know me, I make a cameo in the video between 1:54 and 2:04.)

Zenshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Impressive, @Jason. You look great in a tie..... ;)

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited February 2017

I have no idea what they are singing, but its great

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Namada said:
    I have no idea what they are singing, but its great

Here you go....

Namada

• IF you like ambient

Per4umer

• some old skool Placebo. I love those guys, been to a few of their gigs.
    <3

• althorugh er ma ydi forever we pass on our ovove I'll leave it at that

nakazcidsilver
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Robert Plant at Glastonbury...

Walker
    edited February 2017

I quite like the girl who sings this, Dua Lipa... brave lady who left her family in the balkans and came to London aged 15, working as a waitress until she made it in music.

Sums things up nicely for me. I'm so over it all atm

Peter Tosh "I Am That I Am...I Am I Am I Am "

• DaozenDaozen Veteran
    edited February 2017

"Grandma's hands" by Bill Withers. It's a thing of beauty.

He starts playing around 1:20 if you're feeling impatient ..

nakazcidVastmind

Love this song by Rag'n'bone Man, so real and a great counterpoint to the endless parade of bubblegum pop

Namada
  • kerancekerance Birmingham, UK Explorer

This is perfect for the unexpected sunny weather in the UK :)
    [

• GuiGui Veteran

• Someone passed this on . . . Best Ted 'Talk'?

Ay caramba! What are they saying . . . ;)

kerance
  • kerancekerance Birmingham, UK Explorer

@lobster said:
    Someone passed this on . . . Best Ted 'Talk'?

I love Ted Talks & this one definitely rocks - thanks for sharing!

• I've had a really weird day musically, my iPhone somehow slipped into Shuffle mode.

I started of with Madness then Marc Almond then Mantavani onto Black Sabbath, Queen, a random selection of 80's interspersed with all of the above but Mantavani was the most played and I only bought it on a whim. It all worked well together in a weird way, my patients loved it.

lobster
  • ^^. Music should surprise us.

It can alter moods, calm us, move us, heal us. It is wonderful, apart from bagpipes >:) No wonder Hadrian built a wall to keep those heathen hordes safe to hunt haggis, invent kilts and eat porridge ... (naughty corner beckons ...)

There are several music styles I had to learn to appreciate: dub reggae, opera, blue grass, free form jazz ... and finally bagpipes done punk ozzie style

federicaShoshinnakazcid

Juzzie Smith

Waltzing Matilda

Plus

Another one of my favourites

• NamadaNamada Veteran

This man has some amazing skills at the trumpet... his father invented the quarter-tone trumpet, which can play Lebanese folk music, and while Ibrahim Maalouf was brought up in France, you can hear the native influences in his play, just awesome!

Or if you liked guitar... Rodrigo y Gabriela is a Mexican duo who do amazing guitar music, mixing in percussive elements with wonderfully quick interchanges...

Namadalobster
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

@lobsters mention of dub reggae made me think of this/ I'm quite partial to a bit of Black Uhuru or Burning Spear.

lobsterVastmind

Andreas Vollenweider should be well known... he plays electro harp, but this album of his that received a Grammy I never heard until yesterday

I love this one <3

Nena 99 Luftballons

lobster
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Leonard Cohen. A song from his final album called Steer Your Way. Lots of buddhist wisdom in this one.

lobster
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I love this, he's playing a kora from Mali with 21 strings, a bit like a harp.

lobsterVastmind
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2017

Never heard the original German version of 99 red ballons. Thanks @Shoshin. <3

... talking of dub as @Lonely_Traveller was ... B)
    Dub Side of the Moon - Ay Caramba!

'All Stars' also have a dub version of Sgt Peppers ... listening to it now ...
    I think my stereo tablet is groovin' to the beat ... ;)

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Ghost Dog soundtrack

I'm working at my partner's work today and he's got this playing (I quite like this band)

lobster
  • I am sure we have had this 'banjo' link before ... ah well ...

• Mantra or singing? An hour longing ...

edited April 2017

Where would we be without the Stones

No Brown Sugar, or Satisfaction.... (oh, sorry, wrong thread... LCHF...?! :D )

Hozan

Mongolian Throat Singing

I could listen to that all day.... Ok, well, maybe a half hour..... but that scenery helps....!

• NamadaNamada Veteran

• HozanHozan Veteran
    edited April 2017

Bill Callahan. Just amazing. Listen carefully to the beautiful lyrics.

• NamadaNamada Veteran

• HozanHozan Veteran

Kate Bush is AWESOME