Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Who can teach me buddhism?

I would like to be buddhist but I don't have much time to go to one of the few temples there are in London. I have a buddhist teacher in school. Is he allowed to teach me the buddhist way? Is it against any rules?

If there is any one that lives in London out there please could you tell me places where a 14 year old such as I could go? Please don't hesitate to email me.
(I'm not sure if I put this in the right category)

Comments

• TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

Hey @Mattie9, first off, Welcome to Buddhism and this Sangha! =)

I am pretty new myself so I'll let some of the other members answer your questions in more depth. I'm pretty sure your Buddhist teacher could teach you, just make sure you're getting accurate information. I don't believe there are any rules to who can and can't teach you.

There is a plethora of information on the internet as well that may help and books as well. You can go to the thread about Buddhists books and get a list there. Personally, I would start with "The Mind & The Way" by Ajahn Sumedho. This book really helped me understand some complex concepts that I was struggling with.

Not sure if anyone here is from London but there are many from the U.K.

Good Luck!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2017

Hi @Mattie9 welcome! Nice to meet you - could I ask how old you are., please? Your teacher sounds like a good start, certainly....

ETA: I've just realised you've said you're 14.

I'm going to send you a PM... look for the envelope in the top left hand corner of the 'New Discussions' page....

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

@Mattie9 -- Welcome. Can you tell us a little bit about why you want to become a Buddhist?

This discussion has been closed.