Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mr. Green in the night before

ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran
edited March 2017 in Mindfulness

In the movie "the night before" there is something I find very profound. It is the character named Mr Green that does a finger clap motion and asks "are you living in the present?" For some reason I really dig this scene and I think it is telling us to be mindful of the small things that are right in front of us.

Or I could be crazy.

Anyone else see this movie and thimk of that or something related?

Comments

• You could be crazy. I don't get that impression. Sounds a useful insight. I have not seen the movie BUT for example in the film, 'Ghost Dog', the opening scene is one of pure urban mindfulness to my mind ...

In other words being inspired or finding something of profound significance may be a balanced insight, which is what your observation sounds like. It sounds good.

BUT if prone to 'crazy', undisciplined, unskilful delusions and unhealthy ignorance ... that is not to be encouraged in ourselves or others ...

Vigilance. Health. Balance. Wisdom. Iz dharma plan.

• HozanHozan Veteran
    edited March 2017

Ghost Dog is one of my favourite films ever. Forrest Whitaker is brilliant in it. Love his voice readings from the Hagakure throughout

• HozanHozan Veteran

My favourite song from Ghost Dog soundtrack. Walking Through The Darkness

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

I'll have to check that out.

• HozanHozan Veteran

Hey @ajhayes well worth a watch. Peace and Quality my friend.

ajhayes
  • HozanHozan Veteran