Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sharing place for Tea nerds :D

A place to share tips, brewing methods, tea brands, types etc for all who enjoy the tea in all its glorious forms. .green, black, rooibos, camomile.....and many many more
I have become an unashamed tea nerd.

Comments

• HozanHozan Veteran

BuddhadragonVastmindwojciech
  • We were given three sample bottled cold teas. Very nice, small amount of cane sugar but water is sweet anyway ...

Gonna make a jug of tea later to cool. What? Maybe just green and zest ... or fresh ginger root peelings ...

BuddhadragonHozan
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I buy my pure matcha from a German drugstore because it is inexpensive.
    Then I drink matcha (2%), green tea and herbal tea varieties from Pukkha and Yogi brands.
    I like ginseng, tulsi, ginger and adore Pukkha's "Three Licorice" as a sort of after-dinner dessert.

Hozanlobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I drink Twinnings chamomile snore-EZ, English breakfast tea, early grey, green tea, lapsang souchong, fresh mint tea from mint I grow on the balcony, and sometimes a bit of yerba mate. So I'm about as much as a tea nerd as a coffee nerd.

I do go out of my way to find a really nice lapsang souchong though, I just love the smokey flavour. The organic stall on the market has a nice one, but there is some variation and there are some lovely tea shops around which sell speciality ones.

lobster
  • HozanHozan Veteran

lobsterBuddhadragonwojciech
  • HozanHozan Veteran

My current stock

I have completely forgotten mate tea!!
    I drink a lot of mate tea from the gourd, especially here in Argentina...

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

I have this...

• HozanHozan Veteran

Buddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Love to try the real deal like in your photo @DhammaDragon . What I have is nice but obviously the way you have it brewed there looks great!

Yerba mate in tea bags tastes so much better when drank with hot milk, as a chai tea, @Hozan.
    The real deal can be shocking for the gringos :3
    It takes some getting used to...

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Yo soy gringo. Guidado gringo!

Buddhadragon
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

When I first started drinking Yerba Mate I got some Mate Cocido which came in standard tea bags. It's apparently something less strong which they give to children amongst others. Might be worth a try for those who want something less strong.

Personally I didn't think the normal Mate had anything wrong with it, but then I like strong teas.

Hozan
  • Green tea with a bit of mint...all the way B)

Hozan
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I used to buy my mum Captain Scotts extra strong tea, she would leave the tea-bag in as well, gawd!!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Mother, would you like a cup of tea to chew on....?

marcitko

@Kerome said:
    When I first started drinking Yerba Mate I got some Mate Cocido which came in standard tea bags. It's apparently something less strong which they give to children amongst others. Might be worth a try for those who want something less strong.

Personally I didn't think the normal Mate had anything wrong with it, but then I like strong teas.

"Mate cocido" is usually yerba mate drank with hot milk, as the Indian chai tea.
    Children drink that a lot.
    Mate drank from the gourd is very strong and not for the faint of heart.
    It was the only beverage that kept me awake in the long nights that I had to study for college exams.

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Have I committed a Tea Crime? One mug. One bag of Peppermint Tea. One bag of Camomile Tea.
    I call it Peppermile ! Have I sinned?

lobster
  • HozanHozan Veteran

• HozanHozan Veteran

It is sacrilicious !

karastilobster
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

You broke tea purity law :open_mouth::lol:

I find I don't drink much tea in the summer. I do make iced green tea which is quite good. But i most drink just water or fruit-infused water. In the winter, I can hardly manage to drink water, it just tastes off. So then I drink tea by the gallon. Oddly, I still drink coffee in the summer so it's not just the warmer temp that turns me off of tea. Not sure what it is!

Hozan
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Absolutely, you have sinned! It's called Chamomint!! I mean to say, really!!

Hozan
  • Discovered a "Dirty Chai Latte" recently at a coffee shop. That's a masala chai latte with a shot of espresso. What an odd and flavorful combo. Can't take the high sugar content of the masala, so I brew Celestial Chai tea and add a shot of pressed french roast coffee and enjoy one every morning now.

lobster
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I looove masala chai. I make my own so it varies a little in flavor every time. That way, there is no sugar. Most coffee shops use syrups to flavor, but it's so much better if you use loose spices. Cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom pods, black pepper, fennel, star anise, a little ginger. And then the black tea. I don't always put fennel or ginger. Some people I know put coriander, but it has such a specific taste i do not like it in my masala. The flavors are really rich if you make your own because you have to grind them just before making the tea. I love the process which is why I do it myself. Cardamom pods can be really expensive though, so I buy them online.

lobsterHozan
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Masala tea! [lobster swoons]

Here is my secret recipe [not so secret anymore - somebody has tried to steal it - so don't click on the tealchemy link on the page ...]
    http://yinyana.tumblr.com/day/2012/12/30

Here it is again without the mantra, which somone is trying to 'verify'
    https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11722#p170116

My method takes six hours ...

Here is the rushed version - pah!
    https://www.keeperofthehome.org/how-to-make-real-indian-masala-chai-tea-in-5-minutes-2

You can even get [blasphemous] masala tea bags ... and for the coffee heretics, Jaffna coffee is a masala coffee ...