Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

yearning for god

2»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(I trust nothing with Trump in it....)

Kundo
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Well said, auntie federica...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Hmm. Hope is the conjuring of a bright glow on the horizon, where in reality none can be seen.

As such, it is a motivating factor, something that keeps many lives more liveable. Therefore banish it at your peril. One has to accept things as they are, impermanence and all, but one does not have to accept a dark vision of the future.

Everyone engages in a certain amount of forecasting of the future, we all live in a bubble of projection of the world as it will be, not as it is. It is based on our beliefs, and our knowledge of what tomorrow will bring.

• Agreed @Kerome well said. B)

Bodhisattvas have hope. Buddhas are hopeless? :o In a sense once persuaded by his inner beings that transmission of Dharma was possible, the Buddha moved from Nihilism (job done - die and dissolve) to the higher stage of limiting the absolute. ;)

The Bodhissatva vow:
    May I attain Buddhahood for the benefit of all sentient beings.
    Beings are numberless, I vow to save them
    Desires are inexhaustible, I vow to end them
    Dharma gates are boundless, I vow to enter them
    Buddha's way is unsurpassable, I vow to become it.

Yep Bodhisattva is the stage AFTER selfish absolute awakening in my experience. So there! :p
    Wrong again? Tsk, tsk when will I ever learn ...

Buddhadragon