Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Found a Buddhist YouTuber?

KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSUAch-To Veteran

This man on YouTube doesn't have a large following but nonetheless he is very passionate. He recently replied kindly to a comment I left him then posted a video thanking us watchers for our input. He recites sutras and other texts and discusses Buddhist topics. He is a Shin Buddhist. Namo Amida Butsu <3

Comments

• When you are as bad as me, that confession list seems like my finer qualities. :3
    Same time tomorrow? :open_mouth:

What wondrous, sanctimonious, self indulgent ... oops ... what you wish to hear is how humble, kindly and honest? ;)

Well the truth is is very early on we learn about monkey mind, internal and external hypocrisy and our never ending list of shameless activity.

If any Youtube video inspires us to be better, practice more etc then bravo. B)

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Youtube is a great place to find teachers and practitioners of all sorts! Brave souls, recording themselves for the world to see. Sounds like a nightmare to me. It is interesting the things people decide to share with the world. And interesting the things we find to help us on our path.

lobster
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I seldom use Youtube.
    I need to read, rather than hear people talking...

Fosdick
  • Here is a series of modules about dharma ...
    13 half-hour videos aimed at presenting Buddhism to the English speaking world. It is offered with a Tibetan orientation to Mahayana Buddhism ...

Might be of interest and maybe the Shin Buddhist will review and comment?

personShoshinRefugeeJeroen
  • RefugeeRefugee San Francisco Explorer

As a total beginner, I've found this video series to be very helpful. Thanks for posting it, @lobster.

• @eggsavior said:
    This man on YouTube doesn't have a large following but nonetheless he is very passionate. He recently replied kindly to a comment I left him then posted a video thanking us watchers for our input. He recites sutras and other texts and discusses Buddhist topics. He is a Shin Buddhist. Namo Amida Butsu <3

@Refugee it is important to find and engage with what inspires us. Dharma is not a theoretical teaching. Buddhism is varied. @eggsavior is totally justified in finding and sharing value and I appreciate sharing ...

Refugee
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited April 2017

I like Buddhism on YouTube... I've came across one chap called Jampa Gyatso who has a wonderful list of Buddhist films in his account. A small selection:

Wonderful documentary showing a truely ensouled presenter meeting high lama's and going to a number of monasteries in Nepal.

This is about Tibet as it was in the 1930's and 1940's, including a lot of rare colour footage archived at the BBC, video of the Dalai Lama's parents, ancient ritual and so on.

This is a video showing the stories of a number of early seekers, early stories of what Dharamsala was like when the Tibetans first came, some stuff about Trungpa.

There are many others on his account, some in Dutch, some in English.

On tv I can't find much Buddhist broadcasting, while on YouTube there are some very nice programmes which can allow you to relax and just gently soak up a little background knowledge about the dharma while you read or just come to rest.