Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thoughts on Meditation

Today I tried to maintain awareness of body (breathing for example) and tried to watch my thoughts. One worry that occurred to me was the idea that such a practice could zombify and make me placid yet dull.
It was a so-so feeling, stoic would be an adjective. I won't give up on it though!

Comments

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

People have been practicing awareness of body, breathing and thoughts for ages -not to mention they propelled the Buddha's enlightenment- and I have yet to hear of anyone undergoing the results you mention.
    Why exactly do you harbour such misgivings and how long have you been practicing meditation, @PremaSagar?

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2017

One worry ...

Outstanding :p
    If I had only one worry, thought, arising, yet another impediment ... why I would be almost unzombifried ... o:)

Watch those thoughts, watch that body ... yep seems to be working ... <3

... need brains ... :3

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@PremaSagar said:
    One worry that occurred to me was the idea that such a practice could zombify and make me placid yet dull.

There's your problem right there.

lobsterHozanShoshin
  • ... and there is the solution. Bravo!

HozanBuddhadragonShoshin