Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sports Teams

Comments

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Hozan said:
    Jose parked the bus again @dhammachick !!

Never have I wanted alcohol at such an obscene time of the morning :anguished:

Hozan

@Bunks said:
    In even more exciting news, it appears we may be winning my favourite Aussie Rules football team as a client at work.

Marketing or miracle worker? :awesome:

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited April 2017

Ouch!

Let's see who's got bragging rights at 4.45pm tomorrow mate....go Blues!

@dhammachick

KundoHozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

When I spent a year in Australia I got to see a few AFL games. Its a great sport. Fremantle Dockers were my team.

Bunks

@Hozan said:
    When I spent a year in Australia I got to see a few AFL games. Its a great sport. Fremantle Dockers were my team.

Purple haze!! Good choice.

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

• HozanHozan Veteran

@Hozan said:

Oh Hozan :heartbreak:

Hozan

@Bunks said:
    Ouch!

Let's see who's got bragging rights at 4.45pm tomorrow mate....go Blues!

@dhammachick

It's official, I support the losers :expressionless:

• HozanHozan Veteran

@dhammachick said:

@Hozan said:

Oh Hozan :heartbreak:

Man City. Fremantle. Im beyond redemption @dhammachick . :awesome:

@Hozan said:
    Man City. Fremantle. Im beyond redemption

Even though Carlton beat us... Fremantle???!!! :(

• HozanHozan Veteran

Fremantle Dockers are awesome. I flew into Perth and spent my first month and a half in Freo and Perth. Saw a few games. Also I grew up right on the coast in Ireland and Fremantle really resonated with me.

• HozanHozan Veteran

Travelled around practically the whole perimeter of Australia working and living and relaxing. Took in many towns and cities. Australia is AWESOME!

• HozanHozan Veteran

Sydney Swans bottom of the ladder... :anguished:

Bunks
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Full list :
    Soccer: Cork City. Manchester City.
    Rugby : Munster. Ireland. The B&I Lions.
    Aussie Rules: Fremantle Dockers.
    American Football: Chicago Bears.
    Baseball: Chicago Cubs.
    Basketball: Chicago Bulls.

• HozanHozan Veteran

Found my old Freo wallet from back in 2003 @dhammachick

Bunks
    edited April 2017

@Hozan said:

Found my old Freo wallet from back in 2003 @dhammachick

Hozan

@Hozan said:
    Sydney Swans bottom of the ladder... :anguished:

Yep. Wooden Spoons this year

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2017

So....@karasti..... how's your embroydering coming along? I'm knitting socks.....:D

BunksKundo

As good as Carlton were @dhammachick, Sydney were terrible! The loudest cheer all day was for Alex Silvagni every time Buddy dropped a mark and he ran away from him with the ball!
    My son is becoming a good luck charm. Taken him to three games and we've won all three!
    Go Blues!!

Hozan
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran

The funny thing about seeing sporting talk on this website is that I care for football far less since I got into Buddhism. People who don't follow football can't understand the passion; football has the ability to cause more joy, frustration or anger than just about anything else I've ever experienced.

I gave up playing Fifa a few years ago because it really gets under my skin. It's the joys of victory offset against the pain of defeat.

These days I can take or leave the results, I don't let it bother me and just accept that it's football and seldom can you be the best. I think perhaps as well that the recent success of Man City causes greater expectation and with it greater disappointment. How less stressful it is to watch with hope rather than expectation!

City were the better team on Thursday by a country mile haha. Jose well and truly parked the bus. Lowest possession percentage they've had since Opta started records in 2003!

@Bunks said:
    As good as Carlton were @dhammachick, Sydney were terrible! The loudest cheer all day was for Alex Silvagni every time Buddy dropped a mark and he ran away from him with the ball!
    My son is becoming a good luck charm. Taken him to three games and we've won all three!
    Go Blues!!

At least Manly beat Souths...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

But just how 'Manly' are they, 'South'?

(I can't even believe I asked..... :D )

@Lee82 said:
    The funny thing about seeing sporting talk on this website is that I care for football far less since I got into Buddhism. People who don't follow football can't understand the passion; football has the ability to cause more joy, frustration or anger than just about anything else I've ever experienced.

I gave up playing Fifa a few years ago because it really gets under my skin. It's the joys of victory offset against the pain of defeat.

These days I can take or leave the results, I don't let it bother me and just accept that it's football and seldom can you be the best. I think perhaps as well that the recent success of Man City causes greater expectation and with it greater disappointment. How less stressful it is to watch with hope rather than expectation!

City were the better team on Thursday by a country mile haha. Jose well and truly parked the bus. Lowest possession percentage they've had since Opta started records in 2003!

I hear you! My Aussie Rules team has been crap for a long time and in some ways it's better. There is no expectation so no disappointment.

It's when you get your hopes up that sport becomes frustrating and suffering arises.

Mirrors life really.....

@federica said:
    But just how 'Manly' are they, 'South'?

(I can't even believe I asked..... :D )

I can't even............... :headdesk:

federica
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Hey @federica and @dhammachick .
    So how did the Arsenal vs Man Utd game go today?? :awesome:

Arsenal won 2 - 0. You cannot believe just how ecstatic my H was.....!!

Hozan
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@hozan.... so you must be relatively pleased the Cubs won the World Series last year. I don't follow much in the way of sports teams but I do keep an eye on the Boston Red Sox in baseball.

• HozanHozan Veteran

Delighted! Go Cubs!!?

Bunks
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@federica said:
    Arsenal won 2 - 0. You cannot believe just how ecstatic my H was.....!!

Come on you Gunners!!

• HozanHozan Veteran

Im a Man City fan @federica but here is my alltime favourite Arsenal player...

edited May 2017

Newcastle won the Championship last night!

And the mighty Blues beat Collingwood to put a dampener on their 125 year anniversary celebrations.....

All in all a good weekend sporting wise.

Hozan

@Hozan said:
    Im a Man City fan @federica but here is my alltime favourite Arsenal player...

???

• HozanHozan Veteran

The one and only Liam Brady. Probably one of Irelands best ever players.

Bunks
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@Bunks said:

And the mighty Blues beat Collingwood to put a dampener on their 125 year anniversary celebrations.....

Come on you Magpies

@Hozan said:

@Hozan said:

??? ???

? (loving native emoji compatibility)

Hozan

@Hozan said:

@Bunks said:

Come on you Magpies

Aaaaaand we finally got a win - over the canetoads too ???

Bunks
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran
    edited May 2017

7-1 Edmonton Oilers over Anaheim Ducks. Series is going to game 7.

We're happy just to see the team in the playoffs this year, first time since 2006 when they went all the way to the final. I've actually watched a few games, usually don't get into it much, but hey, something to cheer about for a change.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Soccerwise, I am a staunch fan of Argentina's Boca Juniors?

Rugbywise, boy, I love them all, I support them all, bring on them all...
    I am like sooo not discriminative when it comes to rugby...
    Yet, black will always be in fashion...
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Me thinks @DhammaDragon and @federica love the rugby players.????❤❤????♨♨??

Buddhadragonfederica
  • ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

I like the Detroit Tigers (for Baseball), Toronto Maple Leafs for Hockey, and I just enjoy watching Football (proper football, not handegg) and rugby.

My favorite sport, however, is pro wrestling.

@DhammaDragon said:
    Soccerwise, I am a staunch fan of Argentina's Boca Juniors?

Rugbywise, boy, I love them all, I support them all, bring on them all...
    I am like sooo not discriminative when it comes to rugby...
    Yet, black will always be in fashion...
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

The NZ Haka is awesome. I also have Maori relatives so I love sledging them when the Rugby is on, even though Australia sucks at Union and always lose. I tell my family across the pond to enjoy the only win they'll get for the year.

Then I run :awesome:

BuddhadragonShoshin
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

The black boys are unbeatable.
    Except by... ehm... Ireland.
    So have I heard... ??

Hozan

Huddersfield and Reading will play off at Wembley in a couple of weeks to determine he third team to be promoted to the EPL next season.

I'll get behind Huddersfield because one of their star players is Aaron Mooy who used to play fir the mighty Melbourne City.

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:
    The black boys are unbeatable.
    Except by... ehm... Ireland.
    So have I heard... ??

You have heard correctly...IRELAND!!!

Buddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@Bunks said:
    Huddersfield and Reading will play off at Wembley in a couple of weeks to determine he third team to be promoted to the EPL next season.

I'll get behind Huddersfield because one of their star players is Aaron Mooy who used to play fir the mighty Melbourne City.

Im behind Huddersfield too. Aaron Mooy is on loan from Manchester City. Patrick Stewart ( captain picard/ professor x) is a huge huddersfield fan

Bunks

@Hozan said:

@Bunks said:

Im behind Huddersfield too. Aaron Mooy is on loan from Manchester City. Patrick Stewart ( captain picard/ professor x) is a huge huddersfield fan

Correct - Manchester City own Melbourne City (along with New York City etc.) hence the reason Mooy ended up there.

@Bunks said:

@Hozan said:

@Bunks said:

Correct - Manchester City own Melbourne City (along with New York City etc.) hence the reason Mooy ended up there.

No one's perfect :awesome:

HozanBunks

Swans V St Kilda tomorrow... CARN SWANS!!!!!