Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

life without pain

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Of possible interest: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170426-the-people-who-never-feel-any-pain ....

Sorry, the link-maker doesn't want to work.

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I have heard of these people.

They interviewed a couple whose daughter felt no pain. They said they had to check her all over each day when she came home from school to ensure she hadn't injured herself!

• Interesting read.

Imagine not having physical pain that even the Buddha is unable to be rid of (2 arrows simile).

But then again, maybe not so good.

“Of the CIP patients I’ve worked with in the UK, so many of the males have killed themselves by their late 20s by doing ridiculously dangerous things, not restrained by pain,” says Geoff Woods, who researches pain at the Cambridge Institute for Medical Research. “Or they have such damaged joints that they are wheelchair-bound and end up committing suicide because they have no quality of life.”

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

The next time someone dribbles and croons, "No pain, no gain," do your best to remember that by logical extension, the saying must work equally well when reversed, i.e. "No gain, no pain."