Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Life is Wonderful, no need to run or hide

Just wanted to share this video

Shoshinsilvermosquito

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

So many people in that video had such difficulty just pausing and doing nothing while the camera looked at them for a few seconds. Quivers, shakes, trembles, glassy looks... only a few managed a confident, steady smile for the camera.

lobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I was wondering where I had hear the song before and then remembered this ad,,,,

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Exactly so @Kerome
    I am not really popular with my family for taking candid rather than posed shots. I have learned that people are not interested in shades of their persona, only in perfect smiling selfie lie type photos ...

However I would also suggest that smiling is to be encouraged as it feeds back into the individuals attitude.

In other words, the outer does feed back to the inner BUT in dharma practice we become independent of all aspects/shades of wonderful ...

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@Kerome said:
    So many people in that video had such difficulty just pausing and doing nothing while the camera looked at them for a few seconds. Quivers, shakes, trembles, glassy looks... only a few managed a confident, steady smile for the camera.

I thought not only is the music wonderful, but the natural poses of the people in it. So many of them just looking pretty natural - sans smile - and I thought it was cool for them not being required to 'pose'.

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited May 2017

I think It's both a sad and a happy video, we can see that their eyes are like mirror of their soul (or what we should call it). Its clearly they have experienced difficult things like death, illness and loss, especially we can see this in the older people in this video. So we can be with it what is, accept it, no need to cry or laugh, or hide, wonderful life to be free to choose.