Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Blinking meditation

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

Have you ever tried it? It's very interesting.. if you blink your eyes several times in succession and focus your attention fiercely up, you will experience a kind of expansion. If you keep doing it you can extend further and further. For me it causes my feet to start tingling quite intensely. It seems to cleanse the attention of noise... or maybe that's just me.

I was doing this just after some vipassāna, so that's why I thought of it as a form of meditation...

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

When I first read the title "Blinking Meditation" my first thought was of someone becoming annoyed with meditation practice...

Blinking =used to express annoyance... :)

yagrBunks
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited May 2017

During my stint with a Dzogchen sangha, we meditated with half-opened eyes and breathed through the mouth.
    It was interesting, but I never got used to it.
    Personally, I prefer not to experiment with my meditation for bodily sensations but keep it simple and to the point, with the purpose of stilling my mind and for development of insight.
    Otherwise, it feels like missing the forest for the tree.

yagr
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Imagine what it might have been if I had said 'bleeding meditation' or 'blinding meditation'...

Shoshin
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    When I first read the title "Blinking Meditation" my first thought was of someone becoming annoyed with meditation practice...

Blinking =used to express annoyance... :)

Yus, it's bleedin' confusing. :p

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited May 2017

@SpinyNorman said:

Yus, it's bleedin' confusing. :p

Bloody oath mate :wink: