Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I really, really hate it when....

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited May 2017 in General Banter

...I've just put on my mascara, and I sneeze. Twice.

Next.....?!

BuddhadragonHozan

Comments

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

... I am gingerly drawing my eyes with the liquid eyeliner, gaping in the mirror, and both my men storm into the bathroom with the most important thing to tell me and... gee "you don't even listen to me" and "why do you have to open your mouth when you make up your eyes..."

Or I'm brushing my teeth and the telephone does not stop ringing because the whole world suddenly needs you when you have your brush in your mouth...???

Hozan
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

.... I am in the middle of washing my hair and some random keeps ringing my mobile but won't leave a message. Then I have a gazillion missed calls from the same number. But no, I will not call you back if you can't have the decency to leave me a voicemail (tightarses) ??????

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

when someone calls you, and then spends the entire conversation telling you what they are currently seeing on facebook. My mom does this every day. And she eats chips the whole time, too. So all I hear is garbled "did you see what your sister posted on Facebook?" while she crunches in my ear. Usually after I have told her we just sat down to dinner or are otherwise busy.

I just generally hate the phone and should probably stop worrying that we need it and ditch the land line already. That is the one that causes all the problems, lol.

And when people don't know whether to use "less" or "fewer." When it's wrong it grates on me like fingernails on chalkboard.

JeroenVastmindHozan
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@karasti said:....And when people don't know whether to use "less" or "fewer." When it's wrong it grates on me like fingernails on chalkboard.

Yesssssss!!!

VastmindHozan

..... I start a two month contract to have it shortened to two weeks and not be told till it's my second last day. Cause you know, I don't need to work - I planted a money tree in the backyard :expressionless:

Sorry, @dhammachick ?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@dhammachick said:
    ..... I start a two month contract to have it shortened to two weeks and not be told till it's my second last day. Cause you know, I don't need to work - I planted a money tree in the backyard :expressionless:

Oh Bugger.

when I wake up 3 minutes before my alarm. I could have used those 3 minutes in snooze land!

• nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran

...when my five paragraph, exceptionally well reasoned post is obliterated when I brush my touchpad the wrong way.

federica
    edited May 2017

I actually know the feeling, @nakazcid , I empathise!

ETA: Have you checked 'my drafts'....?

• nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran

Thanks, @Federica , but I 'fixed' the problem by getting a mouse for my laptop and completely disabling the touchpad.

I fixed it by buying a pen, and writing on paper. Admittedly, forum contributions lost ground....

KundoHozan
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@dhammachick said:

Boo!! Sorry mate. At least your footy team has started to win =)

Kundo
  • gracklegrackle Veteran

People claim to have been awarded the Medal of Honor. Knowing the claim is false. Also those who pose as service members when they were not.

Kundo
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I really, really hate it when....

...Shit happens...But then again... if it didn't we would all be full of it...

KundoBuddhadragonHozanNirvana

@Bunks said:

@dhammachick said:

Boo!! Sorry mate. At least your footy team has started to win =)

True. I'm wearing my Swans scarf today at work LOL

BunksHozan

@DhammaDragon said:
    Sorry, @dhammachick ?

@federica said:

@dhammachick said:

Oh Bugger.

Thanks guys. Yeah it's starting to get me down a bit as trying to get out of temping and back into permanent work is a real PITA. Something has to give though so it's more of getting the backside matt-side and trying to remain calm :+1:

BunksBuddhadragonHozan
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

I have it! I really, really hate it when I'm trying to meditate and my nose starts to run and will not stop!

Kundo

@Fosdick said:
    I have it! I really, really hate it when I'm trying to meditate and my nose starts to run and will not stop!

That's the WORST. EVER!

• HozanHozan Veteran

KundoShoshinBodhiTzu
    edited May 2017

...people begin their sentences with "So..."

"So I went to my daughter's house this weekend..."

"So I decided to do some shopping....."

"So my car wouldn't start this morning...."

In verbal and written English, the word “so” has multiple functions. It can act as an adverb (She had never been SO excited), a conjunction (He was still missing, SO I called the Police), a pronoun (If you need to get cash, do So while we're near the bank), an adjective (I like to have my things arranged just SO), or an interjection (SO! You finally finished your essay or SO, you decided to turn up at last, I see!) depending on the context.

It is not used correctly as a prefix to an ordinary paragraph, narrative or sentence!

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@federica said:
    ...people begin their sentences with "So..."

"So I went to my daughter's house this weekend..."

"So I decided to do some shopping....."

"So my car wouldn't start this morning...."

In verbal and written English, the word “so” has multiple functions. It can act as an adverb (She had never been SO excited), a conjunction (He was still missing, SO I called the Police), a pronoun (If you need to get cash, do So while we're near the bank), an adjective (I like to have my things arranged just SO), or an interjection (SO! You finally finished your essay or SO, you decided to turn up at last, I see!) depending on the context.

It is not used correctly as a prefix to an ordinary paragraph, narrative or sentence!

I agree!!!!!!!!

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited May 2017

Bunkslobster

...when people take important concepts too far.

Such as:
    When students rally to close down helpful yoga programs for disabled people because they think yoga is culture misappropriation.
    When a lady I know refused to ask for help at work opening a jar because she didn't want to succumb to the idea that women need saving by men.

federica
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

So... so.

I'll try not to annoy you too much Fede :lol:

federica

Well, thank you so much @Kerome, I feel more than so-so about that! ;):D

I really hate it when people insult Buddhism without even having the faintest idea what Buddhism is all about.
    A friend of mine visited a Buddhist temple, posted a picture on Facebook, and one of his friends posted the comment "Sexist jerk," referring to the Buddha.

But I really love it when you have a good mate to rely on joining in the fight with you.
    THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH, @dhammachick!!!!!
    You are the best <3<3<3

HozanKundolobster
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:
    I really hate it when people insult Buddhism without even having the faintest idea what Buddhism is all about.
    A friend of mine visited a Buddhist temple, posted a picture on Facebook, and one of his friends posted the comment "Sexist jerk," referring to the Buddha.

But I really love it when you have a good mate to rely on joining in the fight with you.
    You are the best <3<3<3

@dhammachick and @DhammaDragon are unstoppable on their own. Who thought they could take on the both of them?

BuddhadragonKundo

@DhammaDragon said:

You are the best <3<3<3

Always got your back babe <3

BuddhadragonHozan

@Hozan said:

@DhammaDragon said:

You are the best <3<3<3

@dhammachick and @DhammaDragon are unstoppable on their own. Who thought they could take on the both of them?

I know right? :awesome:

BuddhadragonHozan

AHEM!

I think you'll find that there are actually 2 more babes on this forum you'd better watch out for.

I wouldn't trust @karasti to be so placid if you rile her and push her buttons - and I have been known to gently foot someone in the rump now and then!!

It's quite a club, and what I wouldn't do to have all four of us together (The 4 Horsewomen of the Apocalypse!) and going out for drinkies!

BuddhadragonkarastiHozan
    edited May 2017

@federica said:

AHEM!

I think you'll find that there are actually 2 more babes on this forum you'd better watch out for.

I wouldn't trust @karasti to be so placid if you rile her and push her buttons - and I have been known to gently foot someone in the rump now and then!!

It's quite a club, and what I wouldn't do to have all four of us together (The 4 Horsewomen of the Apocalypse!) and going out for drinkies!

I am ## SO DOWN for that.

In fact, mini me is travelling to London and Italy in July and I am madly trying to tag along......

While she's in Italy I wanted to visit London and terrorise visit where my Irish ancestors came from in Tipperary - if they can handle it LOL

Hozan

Keep us posted!!

Definitely :wink:

• lobsterlobster Veteran

I am so hateful, I hate hate :(;)

KundoBuddhadragonShoshin

I sooo wanted to go to London again this year, but we have full agenda and hubby still considers the UK unsafe, concerning terrorism... ?

I love the Horsewomen of the Apocalypse...
    ???

Kundo
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited May 2017

I hate it when the Farting Trumpet accuses somebody else of being a "nut job". Pot calling the kettle black! He is just a child grown older.

...when people invade my stupid, petulant, childish, frivolous and largely inconsequential thread with serious, pertinent topical and sincere comments.
    It really makes heavy of utter trivia.

? :D

KundoNirvana

Drinks in London sounds divine to me @federica! Or Australia!

Kundo
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@federica said:

AHEM!

federicakarastiBuddhadragonNirvana
    edited May 2017

L --> R: @DhammaDragon , @federica, @dhammachick and @karasti. (although I'm not sure why @DhammaDragon is in B&W.... If anything she has more 'colour' than all of us put together!!)

ETA: Who did the drawing? Where's it from, @Hozan ...?

Buddhadragon

Ah, right. Conquest, War, Pestilence and Death. The Pale rider.
    Not sure if all those representations are actually accurate, but for my part, born under the sign of Aries, with 'Mars the Bringer of War' as my planet, it's spookily accurate! :lol:

BuddhadragonHozan
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited May 2017

I do believe it was Famine, War, Pestilence and Death... but then I've been reading Terry Pratchett the last few days, so my sources are not entirely impeccable :)

Biblically, which is where I obtained reference, it states Conquest.... It's in the Book of Revelations...

...When people think I haven't done my homework and double-checked my references!!

(I'm just kidding @Kerome.... I have often heard it named 'Pestilence' too... ;) )

My husband would probably like if I got an outfit like that :lol:

BuddhadragonHozan

..."Probably"....?

karastiHozan