Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Smiling without knowing it

KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSUAch-To Veteran

Lately I've found myself smiling out of joy when thinking about things and I don't realize it. But once I notice I'm smiling, I smile wider. It feels like joy is overflowing out of me. It never lasts long but it's really nice. I've come to appreciate so much more and I'm very thankful. Has anyone else smiled without knowing? Sometimes I am happy but still unfamiliar with the feeling. Its a good kind of unknown though.

(Wasn't sure what to put this under so I picked general banter.)

lobsterHozanShoshinBuddhadragonVastmind

Comments

• HozanHozan Veteran

@eggsavior that is lovely to hear and long may it continue! Laughter, smiling, joy, so good for the mind and body.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Thich Nhat Hanh says that sometimes your joy can be the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

HozanKannonVastmind
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

It feels like joy is overflowing out of me.

Sounds healthy.
    The arising of joy, real joy, unfettered is a good sign/indication of progress.

I spend a lot of my time grinning like an idiot. People say hello. They want to share the joy. It is also possible to smile from the heart.

HozanVastmind
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

I really liked your post @eggsavior
    It is as @grackle mentions, dana - giving ... We do not gain a smile, a joyful heart, we give it away, sharing ... <3

Iz plan.

• =)

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Smiling without knowing it

Could it be that there's no clinging and grasping self behind the smile ?

To smile all day will keep the frowns at bay ...so one should turn that frown upside down ..and put on a smiley face, make the world a better place

BuddhadragonlobsterHozan