Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Grace and Ogre

As we may know our cousins in a state of Grace or wrathful Ogre
are the mystics of Christianity ...
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1279-true-meaning-of-grace-the

Over the years having looked at Cathars, Gnostics and other friends with their dharma, I am naturally drawn to the similarities ...

• Emphasis on veracity and Truth
  • Simplicity
  • Contemplation and stillness

Some of us have come through the Abrahamic religions or value their applicability for example:

• Humility
  • Loving ones ogres
  • Sacrifice for the greater god good

Is Christ a Yidam, Boddhisattva, someone fishy?

pommesetorangesWalkersilver

Comments

• ShakShak Veteran

There are a lot of good teachings in the Bible. It's too bad so many churches can't seem to get it right. If I lived anywhere near Austin Texas I would check this church out.
    http://consciousharmony.org/
    They don't seem to be afraid of using teachings found outside of the Bible.

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

hmm,reflect on christ dharma.this is all paraphrasing.consider the lillies.a pocket full of insight.some example,more splendid than king solemon.lillies cooperate with the breeze,free flowing.a trait to emulate?i think so,imo.another trait lillies dont toil,the earth accommidate.this is link with,earth observation ,paraphrasing,the earth rains ,gives life,to the just and unjust alike.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited June 2017

I suppose Christians find their state of grace in an outer source, such as a God, and we Buddhists find ours in the path that we tread and the wisdom that we garner for ourselves.
    As in this quote from the Dhammapada (verse 276):

“You yourselves must strive;
    the Buddhas only point the way.”

As opposed to “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Other than that, and shamelessly misparaphrasing Tolstoy, good Buddhists / Abrahamic people are all alike, and every bad Buddhist / Abrahamic is bad in its own way.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2017

@Shak said:
    http://consciousharmony.org/
    They don't seem to be afraid of using teachings found outside of the Bible.

I would be more than happy to go there ... Cod, no-god, know-God ... or don't mention the ineffable ...
    Many thanks.

I have been on several Christian retreats, finding them perfectly unintrusive or welcoming of other religions, much as other religions attend Buddhist retreats.

Here a local churchyard has seats and flowers open to all for peace and quiet ... can not say we sat there looking for Jesus ... just gold ... Very kind, very welcoming, very much open ...

Kundosilver