Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

London Bridge Incident ..Stay Safe Londoners...

2»

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I don't think I agree... if you really look at terrorism, it is largely a result of radicalisation, a real effort by a few puppet masters who stay in the shadows to create terrorists out of the impressionable few. If it was the people who have been oppressed or who lost everything who suddenly become terrorists - where are the hordes of Syrian terrorists looking to blow up Russia?

Hozan
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@techie said:
    I think you should read up on persecution complex.

This is below the belt.
    @dhammachick was attacked by a woman in a headscarf.
    Is that persecution complex, Freud?

Hozan
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2017

MODERATOR NOTE: (In upper case, just to get the message across...)

Members who find any posts or threads objectionable, offensive, disrespectful or inappropriate are RESPECTFULLY REMINDED that there is a flag option at their disposal, after which they should entirely refrain from responding, reacting, replying or retaliating to the offending post, or indeed, subsequent or additional posts, in order to permit Moderators to deal with the matter accordingly.
    Members are expected to not take matters into their own hands, but then expect Moderators to deal with the ensuing mess.

No response necessary or required.
    The matter is not up for discussion.

Thank you.

Carry on.

edited June 2017

European countries have very generously received immigration from Middle East countries, with benefits that not even natives enjoy, yet third generation passport bearers still feel like joining jihadist groups.

We can't keep making up endless excuses for people who perpetrate terrorist attacks and treating them as "poor me" sweet babies.
    It's all very fine to pull out the paperback psychology and view them as oppressed as long as the next bomb does not blow up in our face.

Hozan
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

From a Buddhist perspective there are always causes, conditions and their effects...

If things don't change ( an eye for an eye mentality) ...they'll stay as they are (continue on with the same pattern of events playing out) ...

Anger begets more anger and hatred begets more hatred...

That (from what I gather) is the karmic forces at work...

What can one do about it ???

Well a wise Indian man who oozed with wisdom once said something along the lines of "True and lasting change comes from within" ....And there's no time like the present to implement this change ...

However this is (so it would seem) easier said than done...I guess this is when one's Dharma practice is truly put to the test...

BuddhadragonlobsterHozan
  • techietechie India Veteran
    edited June 2017

@DhammaDragon said:
    European countries have very generously received immigration from Middle East countries, with benefits that not even natives enjoy, yet third generation passport bearers still feel like joining jihadist groups.

We can't keep making up endless excuses for people who perpetrate terrorist attacks and treating them as "poor me" sweet babies.
    It's all very fine to pull out the paperback psychology and view them as oppressed as long as the next bomb does not blow up in our face.

You're right, great benefits indeed: http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/1/14/france-islamophobiaimmigration.html

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited June 2017

Not sure an article from January 2015 is the best source to back up your point.

But while we're at it.....
    http://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/news/15337524.Racist_yob_chants__Vote_Labour__get_the_Jews_out__at_polling_station_in_Borehamwood/

But I'm guessing that's just that pesky persecution complex of mine huh?......

HozanBuddhadragon
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

People killed and people died in London. Everyone is rightly horrified by the people killed.

What is possible for those of us with an alleged deeper perspective [how is your practicing working out :p]:

• What motivates some to kill (possession by demons not available as an explanation)
    • What can we provide to this destructive, misguided, ill? contingent?
    • You want a poem and to hate hate ... mmm ...

I am the twelve-year-old girl,
    refugee on a small boat,
    who throws herself into the ocean
    after being raped by a sea pirate.
    And I am the pirate,
    my heart not yet capable
    of seeing and loving.

Too hard for ya? o:) - yep First Noble Truth kicking in again ...
    http://www.julianmaddock.info/poetry/please-call-me-by-my-true-names.html

KundoHozanBuddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Please call me by my true names.
    Powerful poem @lobster
    Thank you for sharing.
    Metta

@dhammachick said:
    Not sure an article from January 2015 is the best source to back up your point.

But while we're at it.....
    http://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/news/15337524.Racist_yob_chants__Vote_Labour__get_the_Jews_out__at_polling_station_in_Borehamwood/

But I'm guessing that's just that pesky persecution complex of mine huh?......

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/07/anti-muslim-hate-crimes-increase-fivefold-since-london-bridge-attacks

• HozanHozan Veteran

@techie you seem determined to want to constantly get the last word or prove you are right on this thread. In particular with @DhammaDragon and @dhammachick .
    In my own personal and humble opinion I feel you have been disrespectful to both using sarcasm and starting replies like "and you didnt mean to be descriminative" or "persecution complex". I don't think that this is a skillful way to communicate with others. I haven't seen any discriminative comments or persecution complexes on this or other threads. People have been making fair and reasonable comments.
    You might disagree and its fine to "agree to disagree". This does not mean there is a need to always have the last word or be disrespectful.
    This is only my very humble opinion and you may well totally disagree with it and that is perfectly fine too.
    Best wishes and Metta to you @techie
    With every respect
    Hozan

Buddhadragon
    edited June 2017

I guess in view of the violent attacks which have taken place all over Europe in the past couple of years, @techie, it is no coincidence an anti-Muslim sentiment is on the rise.
    Before you jump into one of your brilliant conclusions, no, I don't share the feeling, though I can understand where it comes from.
    But seems to be that back home, you do have some homework to do too:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_Muslims_in_India

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00litlinks/naim/ambiguities/06muslimproblem.html

Nothing more to add here...

Hozan

@DhammaDragon said:
    I guess in view of the violent attacks which have taken place all over Europe in the past couple of years, @techie, it is no coincidence an anti-Muslim sentiment is on the rise.
    Before you jump into one of your brilliant conclusions, no, I don't share the feeling, though I can understand where it comes from.
    But seems to be that back home, you do have some homework to do too:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_Muslims_in_India

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00litlinks/naim/ambiguities/06muslimproblem.html

Nothing more to add here...

Thanks for proving my point that islamophobia is rampant all over the world.☺

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The only person entitled to have the last word around here, is me.

Oh look, there I go again.

HozanKundoBuddhadragonlobster

:lol: Sunnofagunn!

HozanJeffreyKundoBuddhadragon
This discussion has been closed.