Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The death of John Shields

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator

A beautiful story of a man who chose to end his life on his own terms and of those who chose to share his final day with him.

VastmindJeroen

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited June 2017

You're right.....that was a beautiful story. A journey for my heart.

I feel like I just completed a meditation on life, death, and acceptance.

Gratitude for the teaching I received.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

It's long, very long. But when I finished it, the tears were coursing silently down my cheeks.

What a way to go.
    What a way to be remembered.

karastiVastmind
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

That was quite lovely. But very long.

karasti
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

That was lovely. What a fascinating man. I enjoyed his quote about becoming unique by meditating :) I truly hope this keeps expanding in the US. Only a few places allow it, and people are having to bear the expense and stress of moving in order to access a dignified death. That should not be happening. I am grateful Canada allows this gift for people. It makes no sense to me that we offer a gentle release from suffering for our pets, but not ourselves.

Vastmind
  • KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSU Ach-To Veteran
    edited June 2017

I found myself crying reading this. Tears of sadness but wonder too. To think we all have the possibility to face death with such certainty and dignity and peace is amazing. May John rest in peace. His actions will not leave my thoughts for a very long time

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Thanks for warning us it is long. Good tip. B);)