Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A funny thing happened on the Way to Nirvana ...

A couple of days ago we were walking along a busy road, after all kinds of London incidents, describing 'He who must not be named' (Voldemort) Suddenly a great plume of dark smoke spread towards us. Immediately I knew it was a death eater.
A split second later, I realised it must be a terrorist incident.
Just in time I saw the source. Someone with an out of control exhaust, possibly an engine fire, nonchantly driving and spewing poisonous fumes ...
Phew! :3

Later on after a long walk, I again mentioned Voldemort and nearly fell and twisted my ankle. Ay caramba! He really must not be named. ;) Must learn the Expto-Petroleum spell before it is too late ... o:)

Any strange/wondrous events to share?

karastiBuddhadragonsilver

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

No recent events. I will keep a look out.

lobsterShoshinajhayes
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I was thinking of a customer we hadn't seen far a very long time. She had been one of our daily regulars, and then her visits dropped off.
    About an hour after I had been thinking of her, she came in.....

I had wanted a particular style of basket; just a right-sized one, to keep my eggs in, in the kitchen. I described it to my mother, who told me that was quite a tall order.... maybe I could find a basket-maker who would make me one.
    I looked online, but couldn't find anyone local, or any workshops, art studios or restorers who would be able to help.

The following day, a young man came into the store to buy himself a shirt.
    I explained the requirements should he need to bring the shirt back.
    During the conversation, he happened to explain that he really needed a new shirt for an exhibition he was holding of his basket work....

He works about 10 miles away.
    I've got his number, and will contact him when his exhibition is over. he told me it wouldn't pose a problem, and the cost won't be too high.....

silver
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

My mother has a knack for knowing when people are going to phone her up. Quite a few times I've seen her glance up and say "my sister Elly is thinking of phoning me", and ten minutes later the phone would ring and it would be her.

My stepfather could tell you a few stories from the times he spent in Osho's ashram in India. The locals were convinced my stepdad was a kind of sorcerer, a yogi with special powers. Once he shouted at an Indian who was cycling past, and the man promptly fell off his bicycle and fled... as far as I know, the closest my stepfather came to yogic powers though was lucid dreaming, which he wrote a book about.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Karasti, it would be nice that the bit of ashes you took, were her heart... In the right place.

Please don't think me disrespectful when looking at your son performing his ritual, I chanced to bring to mind the move "The Great Lebowski"....

KannonkarastiHozan
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

You probably mean "The Big Lebowski", which is a fabulous film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/fullcredits

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    edited June 2017

:lol: Eli is not my oldest. I can't type. He is the middle child, turning 15 and just starting driver's training :scream: My oldest is 20 and he also participated as well as my sister. It was a lovely thing to share with everyone. My kids were blessed to have so many years with a great grandparent.

@federica no disrespect or offense whatsoever. Love that movie!

edited June 2017

@Kerome, I'm sorry, you're right, it is 'the Big....'

Idiot.

I even looked up the YouTube video, FGS....!

@Karasti, sounds as if we're both lacking in the pyto ... I mean, typo - department!

karasti
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

In case anyone is wondering ...

ajhayes
  • paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

nothing extaodinary,but strange ,to me anyway.on occasion ,some laugh at me.i laugh too at myself,after the thought.another strange thing is some females has genuine smile towards me.which im amazed,because im fugly.my female friends like me,dispite being complicated.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

I will be trying not to enter samadhi in case I get stuffed in a freezer, like Ashutosh Mahara ...

At the moment I have imaginary lamas and Buddhas in a closet. Never considered the freezer as a possible storage. The lagalities might be a problem and also the frozen peas would have to be moved.

The closet will have to do ... o:)

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

@Kerome said:
    You probably mean "The Big Lebowski", which is a fabulous film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/fullcredits

It is the rug that ties us all together.

JeroenHozan