Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just An Instrument Of KARMA

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited June 2017 in General Banter

When I think of karma and the cause condition effect sequence, I see that I'm also part of the unfolding karmic pattern of events of others ...(An instrument of the cause and conditional outcome)...My actions (whether they be in the form of words or deeds) being instrumental in the karmic outcome of the other person's actions/experiences...

My part in it may not be intentional... ( I have no way of knowing that what I have just said or done was part of the karmic pattern of events for the other person)....

Whether I want to or not, my words and deeds often contribute to the wholesome or unwholesome experience had by other people...( even though I personally may not want to see the other person suffer in any way...I'm just a part of their karmic pattern-a link in the chain of events, part of the chain-gang... so to speak )

And of course this being visa versa....My Karma is Your Karma ...As Yours is Mine :)

So in a sense...There's no good or bad karma as such...just actions and reactions...and the perceptional spin one put on it...

~Just an instrument of karma~

(Even when reading this... a karmic sequences of events is taking place within the brain's neurotransmitters)

Karma... It never misses a beat....so it would seem....

A penny for your karmic thoughts ?

(Phew ...I feel a lot karma now that all this is out in the open :winky: )

It's just fascinating to ponder not so much the why "me's", but the whole karmic event...

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited June 2017

I reckon one can be an instrument of karma, or even its "victim," or something along those lines. But for my part I'd rather see karma as my Instructor. Leave out the ego and the sense of "me and mine," and most of the sense of heaviness floats away from this dimension of things, seems to me. You simply cannot have everything rolled out to your greater benefit, but have to take both the pleasant and the painful together.

It seems to me that when we let go of our willfulness and engage in behavior that is conducive to harmony with our environs, there would be no karmic burden imposed. That is, with one provision: that we be mindful and not act carelessly. I don't think "Intent" trumps responsibility for our acts; it does not do so in our world, either. If one staggers around clumsily in a china shop, he is still responsible for any damage done.

I believe that the more we empty ourselves of ourselves the more we rid ourselves of karma.

lobsterFosdickShoshinupekka
  • @Shoshin said:

So in a sense...There's no good or bad karma as such...just actions and reactions...and the perceptional spin one put on it...

~Just an instrument of karma~

(Even when reading this... a karmic sequences of events is taking place within the brain's neurotransmitters)

Karma... It never misses a beat....so it would seem....

@Shoshin, I like this. It goes to the heart of karma for me very succinctly, pun intended.....

Shoshin
  • upekkaupekka Veteran
    edited June 2017

@Shoshin said:

would bring back new perceptions

(Even when reading this... a karmic sequences of events is taking place

yes

within the brain's neurotransmitters

not quite sure

A penny for your karmic thoughts ?

all the upekka's writing in this post are her perception at the time of typing and perception for others at the time they are reading the post

@Nirvana said:
    the more we empty ourselves of ourselves the more we rid ourselves of karma.

True
    but
    how can we empty ourselves of ourselves without knowing who or what is ourselves?
    that is the importance of identifying the perception as perception
    once one knows the perception as perception that means one is not ignorant
    then when a perception arises one doesn't react to it instead one would act with mindfulness
    that means such action is not stem from greed, hate or delusion and such action has no karmic impact for Enlightened One
    there are good karmic impact for others

• CedarTreeCedarTree Private Island Explorer

Lol that "I saw that - Karma" made me laugh

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

That's karma for ya :winky: