Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

sutra based meditation

KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSUAch-To Veteran

i have found myself reciting specific lines from the dhammapada and other scripture in my mind at random times during the day. i have reread the DP several times over and i have favorite lines that resonate with me. in reciting them, i am constantly flowing with that dharma...i believe i understand what dharma refuge is now. when i think about the dharma i am constantly at ease; not in an artificial way either. i truly believe in the dharma and truly know that when i take refuge in it i will be at peace.

karastipegembaralobsterBuddhadragon

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

[Lobster faints!]
    You have plan! <3 Seems like a helpful, functional practice. Aimless wandering and wondering is the road many of us have been down ...

Good call :)

• CedarTreeCedarTree Private Island Explorer

I love the DP as well :) Ever check out the poems of the early monks and early nuns it's these two little books in the pali canon that are amazing!

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@eggsavior said:
    i have found myself reciting specific lines from the dhammapada and other scripture in my mind at random times during the day. i have reread the DP several times over and i have favorite lines that resonate with me. in reciting them, i am constantly flowing with that dharma...i believe i understand what dharma refuge is now. when i think about the dharma i am constantly at ease; not in an artificial way either. i truly believe in the dharma and truly know that when i take refuge in it i will be at peace.

<3

If I may ...
    Attention to a sutra or riffing on a theme ...
    Bringing attention can also involve writing any insights (spiritual diary) and sharing them. Dharma becomes Sangha (community/sharing/spiritual friendship) B)