Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

zen

shanyinshanyin Novice YoginSault Ontario Veteran

How can I practice zen?

Comments

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

"To practice Zen Buddhism is to train oneself to eliminate hatred, anger, and selfishness and to develop loving-kindness toward all."
    -Thich Thien-An

But, sometimes that is a very lofty goal. I've found that if I sit and try to just be, it's a good enough start. When you pour your tea, only think about pouring your tea. You'll get it as you do it.

Jeffreylobster
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Assuming you mean zazen, you might try, https://zmm.mro.org/teachings/meditation-instructions/

If you're looking to assert your ascendancy, have a hotdog.

ajhayesupekka
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@shanyin said:
    How can I practice zen?

That's rather like asking, "How do I Pilot a plane?"

You need to read books (Theory 1)

Watch videos (Theory 2)

Attend a Class or temple ({Practice).

We can't tell you in a few simple sentences.

It would be like us saying, "Well, you sit in the cockpit, press the ignition switch, and accelerate and pull up on the stick then take off. Nothing could be simpler!"

Jeroen