Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

1495051525355»

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited August 20

Nice post @Shoshin - have had similar experiences recently in meditation. The thoughts are still popping up but not able to pull me away from the object of meditation....it's a nice experience and place to get to.

lobsterShoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

The other evening my head was in the clouds, as I watched the shapeshifters work their magic .....

silverlobsterBunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Apparantly on insighttimer.com @DhammaDragon likes me even though 'I don't like her' - que?

Ay caramba. Where do people get these ideas? :3 Must be my behavour. Must behave! So far (almost five seconds), so good. o:)

Meanwhile ... time for more good behavour ... doing good here ... Anyone else not liked? Not by me ... I even like pet trolls ... ;)

• federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Moderator

Ok, here's an irritating thing:
    Last weekend, I needed a prescription for antibiotics (I had developed a gum abscess on the last day of my holiday) and - long story short - I picked up the prescription, together with some recommended painkillers. The Pharmacist rang up the total. Just the painkillers. "Er...." I said, "I... don't...think so...." "Why?" she asked. "Because I also have the prescription to pay for..." "Oh no, you're over 60. It's free now." Hit me like a bucket of cold water. I'm not 60. I'm still 20 (in my head)!!

Then my mother said - "You can apply for a free bus pass too!" "No, I don't think so," I replied, "I have to wait until retirement age..." She thought not. So we checked it out online (Good ol' God Google) and yes, I could apply for a Free Bus Pass as a 60-year-old.
    If I lived in Ireland, Scotland or Wales.
    England is the only place in the UK quartet where I have to wait until 2023. Thanks, Government. that's a real Bitchy thing to do. Bass Turds.

• Much Metta to you my lovely friend. ❤❤❤
    @DhammaDragon

DhammaDragon
  • TravellerTraveller East Midlands UK Veteran

Hey @DhammaDragon good to see you again.

DhammaDragonHozanlobster
  • @lobster: yes, you don't like me

Ay caramba. Que?

No. I like you nuttiness and all.
    Someone says or does something and we jump to conclusions about them. LOL.

I must be nutty. B) ... and now back to the randomly, useless ...

DhammaDragon
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited September 18

I am clearly too stupid to advise a chicken on road crossing ... :3

Yesterday through no fault of the Buddha, we went supermarket shopping and ended up at the auto cash-out/self service till (no other sort). Now I have used this before but needed to call an assistant (one left in exasperation for a tea break) at least seven times. Even the security guard was more helpful than the robot-till. It did not register items. Refused to accept money, unless presented in a mysterious way. Did not like that we brought our own shopping bags or treated the mindless machine like it was there to help us.

Is this what the hell realms are really like? O.o

It was chaos and exhausting. Fortunately we are rewarded with food ... :)

BunksHozan
  • KeromeKerome Did I fall in the forest? Europe Veteran

Apparently the Rapture is happening 23rd September. Thought you would want to know.

https://www.indy100.com/article/world-ends-september-23-the-rapture-bible-passage-star-alignment-antichrist-7949156

• SpinyNormanSpinyNorman It's still all old bollocks Veteran

@Kerome said:
    Apparently the Rapture is happening 23rd September. Thought you would want to know.

https://www.indy100.com/article/world-ends-september-23-the-rapture-bible-passage-star-alignment-antichrist-7949156

Should I cancel my holiday then? :p

Hozan
  • SpinyNormanSpinyNorman It's still all old bollocks Veteran
    edited September 18

@lobster said:> It was chaos and exhausting. Fortunately we are rewarded with food ... :)

Did you lose your cool and thrash the machine with a tree branch, like Basil Fawlty with his broken-down car in "Fawlty Towers?" :p

lobsterHozan

@SpinyNorman said: Should I cancel my holiday then? :p

No, but Insurance is always advisable...

@SpinyNorman said:

@lobster said:> It was chaos and exhausting. Fortunately we are rewarded with food ... :)

Did you lose your cool and thrash the machine with a tree branch, like Basil Fawlty with his broken-down car in "Fawlty Towers?" :p

Now that, I would have killed, to have seen...!

Hozan
  • For those unfamiliar with the angry Basil Fawlty ...

I may write to Lidl Supermarkets and ask if corporal punishment for these frustrating machines is permissable ;)

It's not.
    I've already tried it.

My case comes up next Wednesday, but I have a good lawyer.

I think the Judge will be sympathetic, too.....

lobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited September 18

Could be worse....

lobster
  • AI expectations have a lot to answer for ... thanks everyone ...

Being polite to machines, even though lifeless programmed pseudo-beings, is good practice.

Be kind to your toaster, with the rise of iot (Internet of Things) Things may become part of our Boddhisatva vow:

I vow to save all sentient beings, every blade of grass
    and then start on the insentients.

https://villagezendo.org/practice/suggested-readings/the-bodhisattvas-four-methods-of-guidance/

Ay caramba!