Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

It hit me like a sledgehammer to the chest...

2»

Comments

• <3B)<3

Thanks Brian.
    Outstanding.

https://jackkornfield.com/the-practice-of-forgiveness/

Who can I forgive? Me for not being more forgiving. Another inspiring day in dharmaland ...

Brian
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Brian, hi, darling....
    I walked that line with you for a while, and knew your pain, then. I understood, and heard how much this hurt you, then.
    You cannot even begin to know how happy I am things are as they are.
    Relationships work.
    They always work.
    Not always in the way we imagined, thought or planned, not always in the way we'd have liked.
    But if people are capable of love, they're capable of making things work.
    This, now works.
    Maybe not in the way anyone could have predicted.
    But it works.

Hugs and much love, Brian.

XX <3

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Your OP reminded me of my own parents who divorced when I was 2. Once the stormy marriage was over, they got along quite nicely. For me they sometimes spent holidays or my birthday together (if my dad was home on leave). Later in life they occasionally chatted on the phone or wrote letters.

Of course I also remember the time when I was in my 20s that my father asked if my mother ever talked about him, and if so, what does she say. I responded, "Well, she says you drank too much." And my father responded, "She's right. I did. And still do. But if you lived with your mother, you'd drink, too." They were both right.

KundoKannon
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Hi @Brian - I didn't know you way back when - but glad to see you've overcome the pain from that stuff and that you and the daughter are bright-eyed and bushy tailed (or faced) and ready for anything! Kudos.
    :grin:

Brian
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Brian - your OP was like reliving my own divorce shamozzle (we could have been identical twins in this scenario). Except I never really had that much of a realisation.

Which is why I am so pleased for you upon reading this update. The best part is the awesome relationship you have with your wife's daughter. Sending you much metta <3

lobsterBunks