Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Better Butter Meditation

There are two basic methodologies among spiritual paths. Top down and top up. Buddhism on the whole works on the top down method. Opening the enlightened being through the mind and subsequently developing right speech, right emotions, right body. Very loosely this is opening the top 'chakra' and then if prepared making rapid progress melting through the other chakras ... creamy ...
http://www.thestartandtheend.com/mysticism/soft-butter-method-and-the-qbl-cross-visualisation-meditations/

In Sufism they start with melting the Heart, with Love. A mid range chakra . . .

... However this is a Buddhist forum ...
http://zentalks.blogspot.co.uk/2008/04/zen-sickness.html

What is your best toast topping?

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I like some almond butter with jam. The sweet makes it an appealing snack and the almond butter sticks to everything.

Carlita
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Oh that one made me lol - stewed tomatoes. :grin:

I don't eat toast hardly ever, but ... well, I don't eat pancakes all that much either, but I like just butter on them. No syrup, no jams or jellies.

I think the butter melting down method is just one way of distracting one's self from their obsession that made them sick in the first place. What a mess! :p

• Bottom up here. If muladhara chakra remains closed I can't see much chance of success. Toast and pancakes are nice with honey.

Zenshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Avocado on toast yum.... they have a somewhat nutty taste :winky:

When I think of the word "Meditation" for some strange reason it is always coloured green in my mind and like a fresh avocado, the heart Chakra is green (so perhaps I was a Sufi in another life-mind you (pun intended) Tibetans usually point to their heart when referring to the mind)..

The green colour that automatically comes to mind when I think of meditation may sub-consciously represent nature,Spring, beginning, fresh... Or "Beginner's Mind" who knows?????

Anyhow I've just had some avocado on toasted brown bread along with a nice cup of 'green' tea with a dash of Manuka honey....

Zenshin