Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dream Interpretation

ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

Last night I had a dream where I visited with the Buddha.

I was traveling with my wife and family in India and our guide said (as we passed a house) "That's
Siddhartha's house" I asked if we could visit and the guide said that people usually don't do that. Then The Buddha walked out, waved, and said "come in." I don't recall what we talked about, but, it was a very friendly discussion and I woke up feeling really good, calm, at peace, and happy.

Does anyone have a guess at what this may mean (if you believe in that sort of thing)? Or is it just wishful thinking.

Kundo

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I do believe in that sort of thing, but I think I'd take this one at face value - sounds awesome to me.

ajhayesKundo
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited October 2017

That was a pretty good thing to say @federica. B)

@ajhayes, I think you've just gotten in touch with your true nature and that you're doing the right stuff.

I've always been a big dream guy. I posted about a dream here about 10 months ago where I was aboard a star ship working on a problem with a partner and that partner happened to be a tardigrade (water bear) about the size of a couch. It was pretty cool because although we didn't speak each others language, we could communicate easily with body language and eye contact.

I bring this up here because I know you are also a big Star Trek fan. You've probably been watching the new series where in the latest episode there is a tardigrade about the size of a couch on board.

I swear... The thread is around here somewhere, lol.

ajhayes
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

I always thought "dreams bring out what we long for or what we fear" was a pretty good definition.

ajhayes
  • ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

@david Haven't seen the newest episode, yet (But, don't worry. I don't get bothered about spoilers).

@federica Thank you. You are very kind. :)

• ... I woke up feeling really good, calm, at peace, and happy

Then you have met the Buddha ... [don't kill him just yet ...] ;)

How wonderful.

Shoshinajhayes
    edited October 2017

@lobster I won't kill him yet. I need information.

Und vee heff vays auf making heem talk.

lobster
  • I don't recall what we talked about, but, it was a very friendly discussion and I woke up feeling really good, calm, at peace, and happy.

For Halloween, coming up in many Buddha lands, I recommend the film 'a dark song'. For those contemplating sweet dreams, start practicing ...
    http://www.buddhabrats.com/buddha-brats-mind-tech/faq/what-is-wish-fulfilling-gem/

Dreams are useful indications of our underlying needs, feelings and well being if available ...
    Eh ma ho! Sleep well ...

ajhayes
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@ajhayes said:
    Last night I had a dream where I visited with the Buddha.

I was traveling with my wife and family in India and our guide said (as we passed a house) "That's
    Siddhartha's house" I asked if we could visit and the guide said that people usually don't do that. Then The Buddha walked out, waved, and said "come in." I don't recall what we talked about, but, it was a very friendly discussion and I woke up feeling really good, calm, at peace, and happy.

Does anyone have a guess at what this may mean (if you believe in that sort of thing)? Or is it just wishful thinking.

It strikes me as being a dream where the surface meaning is about travelling, encountering wisdom, and being welcomed, and being succoured by wisdom. It’s a beautiful dream, have you been thinking lately about going travelling in search of wisdom?

ajhayes

I think about traveling a lot. I (along with my wife, and probably the kids) have wanderlust. We enjoy exploring together and learning new things.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@ajhayes

You might find this of interest "Power of Dreams"
    "Things are not quite what they seem, in a dream within a dream" :)