Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Positive Energy Request

Hey, I had a little incident and am looking for positive energy/support. Oct. 4th I was out on my bicycle and hit an unseen patch of loose gravel. Rather a spectacular crash ensued. Two weeks later I sit in rehab with a partial hip replacement on the left and blood clots in my right lung and leg. Having read previous discussions on do buddhists’ pray I won’t go there but would appreciate whataver people are comfortable sharing.

Comments

• KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSU Ach-To Veteran

I will pray to medicine buddha and dedicate merit. He has 12 yaksha warriors to help. Send compassion and support. I empathise with you and hope everything goes well. I hope you find comfort in family And friends. And I will send gratitude to the nurses and doctors. Medicine works miracles every day now. But the greatest miracle will always be the strength and capacity of the human body.

good energy encourages healing physically. I always tell myself other humans have faced worse than this and survived. If I am also human just like them, then I too can survive.

“To the Bhagawan with equal compassion for all
    Whose name when just heard dispels lower realms’ suffering
    Dispeller of disease and the three poisons
    I prostrate to Medicine Buddha Lapis Light.”

tayatha om bekandze bekandze maha bekandze radza samudgate soha"

Namo Amida Butsu

lobster
  • ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

@ThomB said:
    Hey, I had a little incident and am looking for positive energy/support. Oct. 4th I was out on my bicycle and hit an unseen patch of loose gravel. Rather a spectacular crash ensued. Two weeks later I sit in rehab with a partial hip replacement on the left and blood clots in my right lung and leg. Having read previous discussions on do buddhists’ pray I won’t go there but would appreciate whataver people are comfortable sharing.

I will knock on the sky and listen to the sound.

Best wishes to you. I will dedicate some practice to you. Hope you are well (enough).

lobster
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

oh goodness! I am sorry you had such an awful crash, but glad you are still here with us! Wishing you the best care while you recover. I will include you in my metta practices.

lobster
  • RandyRandy New
    edited October 2017

I do this for everybody. Today, three times, especially for you.

May Thom have happiness and the causes of happiness.
    May Thom be liberated from suffering and causes of suffering.
    May Thom never be separated from the happiness that is Free of Sorrow.
    May Thom rest in equanimity, free from attachment and aversion. _

BunksJeroen
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2017

Rather a spectacular crash ensued.

:open_mouth:

Ow!
    OK that is enough empathy for today ... ;)

Sometimes we are forced into contemplative stillness, samsara is like that [bit of smug dharma]. :p

I suppose I will have to turn blue and radiate? Can do. Will do. <3
    http://buddhaweekly.com/the-first-doctor-medicine-buddha-bhaisajyaguru/

Tayata Om Bhekandze Bekhandze Maha Bhekandze Bhekandze Randza Sumungate Soha
    mmm ... feeling healing ... B)

• Take good care of yourself @ThomB and remember this to shall pass. The human body is remarkable at healing and the human mind is a strong strong tool. Hang in there and in some time in the not too distant future, you will be able to look back to now and smile.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Ouch! Get well soon @ThomB

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Sending you metta and positive energy @thomb
    Trust in the body and listen to it carefully during rehab!

lobster
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Partial hip replacement from wiping out on a bicycle... wow, yeah that must have been a doozey.

Here's hoping the universe works out a bit more favorably for you.

• May you be well, peaceful and be happy (and knit fast).