Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Militant Dharma

I thought this mindful advocate deserved the start of a new thread ...
http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/comment/519712/#Comment_519712

What placard will you be displaying at the rally?

• Buddhists for Nothing
  • Buddhist: Will sit-down without protest
  • Free Smiles: Buddhist Action Group
  • Free the Mind
  • Breath for Buddha

JeroenkarastiDavidSnakeskin

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Bring Peace to Your Mind...

I was just inspired by the picture @lobster, there always seem to be so many people who are willing to do the work of warmongers, and I feel those soldiers need a little encouragement to think about what they are doing.

lobsterSnakeskin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited October 2017

Kundo
  • Eventually we don't need placards ...

meanwhile more slogans ...

• **not protesting ** (Am Buddhist)
    • Cause starts here. Effects are endless.
    • If you are looking for a sign. This is it.
  • Complete Zen range ... Also available in black and other colours ...

• Free the Placard
    • Down with Placards
    • Hello Mum!
    • Don't Protest, it's karma.
    • Non-Action Zen
    • Eat Fruit
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@lobster, I'm lost for words.

Lucky for you.....

;)

lobsterDavidKundo
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Besides the "insightful", "awesome" and "lol", a "wtf" would come in handy sometimes.

Just sayin

karastiShoshinlobsterKundo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@David said:
    Besides the "insightful", "awesome" and "lol", a "wtf" would come in handy sometimes.

Just sayin

I'd also love a 'slaps head'.... you have no idea how much I'd be using THAT one - !

karastiKundoHozanBuddhadragon
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2017

@David said:

Those would all make great placards. I feel @federicas might incite violence ... o:) Perhaps our more militant and fearless protestors could go behind police lines ... perhaps with tea making equipment.

Here are some ideas:

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited October 2017

Neverminding is something I can do well. But in this case I may see where you're coming from with this thread and I think we all feel the burn.

Sometimes I wish a bell would go off that can wake us all up at the same time.

I'll carry that sign.

lobster
  • A placard with inbuilt bells, or inbuilt shrine, or an electronic version so you could change positions/sides seems a possibility ...

• Change your Mind
    • Just another Slogan
    • I am Protesting
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@federica said:

@David said:

Just sayin

I'd also love a 'slaps head'.... you have no idea how much I'd be using THAT one - !

@Linc you got some work to do...... ???

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2017

Those of us involved in real injustice, will always find it ... always ...
    For example how many have seen 'Suffragette' movie?
    What action in such opression?
    When does compassion, wisdom, awakening become socially active/engaged Buddhism?

PROTEST IN MARCH

"What are you rebelling against?"

"What do you got?"

That might be from "Rebel Without a Cause" with James Dean but not sure.

No, it was 'The Wild one' with Marlon Brando.
    But I'll let it go.

;)

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I guess by the time I understand what the rally is about, I'll probably look like this...

Hozanlobster
  • Dear Friends,

It is Better Buddhist practice to be for something rather than against someone.

Save the Bench ...