Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Will Change

I C.S. Lobster being dead, leave all my wordly fish to ... swim free ... o:)

No not that will ...

The Will To Change.

1. Yesterday gone. Dead.
  2. Today change. How? Change all we can: Diet. Do something new or old in a new way.
  3. Dead again tomorrow?

How will you change? Not diet, eat better? Throw away your past failure?
Go for it!
https://www.upworthy.com/being-well

personsilverBuddhadragonFriendlyface

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I told you (everybody here - I think) how I've started journaling every day via email.
    It really has meant a lot to me. It just goes to show how baby steps can - will - and do happen - and how some things stay the same - but just opening up and writing it down changes the complexion of the problem. Lots of it is mundane stuff, but even that changes how I look at things.

Keeping a diary like the one I started - well, it's like preparing to climb a mountain - by putting our gear on to get a stronger foothold.

lobsterCarlitaBuddhadragon
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I've been trying to take and keep the eight precepts more often (I guess anything more than NEVER is more often :))

Pretty good results so far......

Buddhadragon
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Change is inevitable... I visited a company for a job interview yesterday, and found myself being brainwashed by their attitudes and concerns... it was like putting on a mask... it has taken me twelve hours to relax myself!

I try to look for opportunities for inner blossoming, for let-go into new possibilities... so I struggle between fully accepting change and losing myself, and trying to guide it... the rubber of dharma hitting the road as change announces itself.

lobsterBuddhadragon
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited November 2017

Change takes place without my permission anyway, so I simply stay open and receptive to the mood of the moment.

I try to be open-minded, expand my comfort zone, never say "no" too soon, and keep challenging deep-set stale opinions and beliefs.
    I live every day as a new adventure and welcome what comes and try not to miss what goes.

I dance to the tune of change without resisting <3

lobsterHozanTosh
  • @DhammaDragon said:
    Change takes place without my permission anyway, so I simply stay open and receptive to the mood of the moment.

I try to be open-minded, expand my comfort zone, never say "no" too soon, and keep challenging deep-set stale opinions and beliefs.
    I live every day as a new adventure and welcome what comes and try not to miss what goes.

I dance to the tune of change without resisting <3

Buddhadragon
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I'm focusing on taming my tiger. I keep re-reading various versions of the first three chapters of the Dhammapada along with their commentaries.

I will be more diligent, I will be more mindful and I will fully let go of anger.

lobsterHozanBuddhadragon
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(@David, Let me know when we can start calling you 'Kitty'...! :D )

I'm pretty much thinking along similar lines to @DhammaDragon, though I think it's high time I found a temple near me. It was ok when I lived in Herts. Having moved a whole host of miles 'Oop Norf' the prospects are not so good....

HozanDavidBuddhadragon
  • I find I can't force a change, but what I can do is do stuff, or avoid stuff, and depending on what I'm doing or not doing, change happens.

It's a bit like getting fit. I can't force myself to be fit, but I can 'do stuff', like run, which creates the potential for fitness, and the fitness just happens without any input from me.

I take the actions and the change just happens all by itself.

Today I'm avoiding chocolate, mostly.

lobsterBuddhadragonHozan
  • Great answers everyone <3

Everyone is finding their course. For me, at the moment it involves:

• Led meditations, I have a penchant for Michael Sealy, will try widening my selection ...
    • Being grateful, by posting on the gratitude forum on insighttimer.com
    • Finding the beautiful. Have camera, will walk with ...
    • Going on short retreat soon ...
    • Living The Life. Walking The Way ...
    BuddhadragonHozan
  • @Tosh said:
    I take the actions and the change just happens all by itself.

Indeed.
    Funny that. ;)

Today I'm avoiding chocolate, mostly.

Bravo

@DhammaDragon said:

Yesterday I was waiting for an early bus that does not exist, when someone read my mind. Basically the bus appears on my citymapper app but not on transport for Londons bus stop 'buses due' notice board. So I was scanning the list of coming buses and my bus was not due at the right time ... Someone was kind enough to inform me of the 'invisible bus', guessing by empathy what I was searching for from the list ...
    Second time I have caught that bus. Not widely used.

We can I feel, all find examples where we await something without expectation as a superior option to awaiting with expectation ... :)

Which brings us back to taking right action/effort ... without expectation of reward ...

HozanBuddhadragonTosh
  • paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

about diet.can no longer eat almonds.love that stuff.i got no teeth.dont like dentures.on the bright side i can make a smoothie with almonds.that might be an idea!

• As well as almond smoothies, remember diet also refers to our spiritual intake. Just as death is our old selves/moulting ...

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Just as death is our old selves/moulting ...

I like the analogy @lobster :)

@lobster said:
    As well as almond smoothies, remember diet also refers to our spiritual intake. Just as death is our old selves/moulting ...

oops,i limited the context to food.

personally the brain is lit--with coffee and smokes..hardcore at the momment,stimulent