Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

More Of Alan Wallace (Short Youtube Clips)

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

To follow on from the "When It Comes To Mindfulness...." thread...

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited November 2017

Glad you find value in his conjectures. <3
    Second video from him.
    Second time I feel he is confusing and confused, despite the engaging smile. I might not be the only one ...

Shoshin
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I find them both to be opposite sides of extreme views. It's all mind, it's all matter. I prefer Sam Harris and David Chalmers, they acknowledge the problems with mind only, how do we explain the findings of neuroscience? And the hard problem to materialism consciousness presents, neural firings aren't qualitatively identical to what it's like for the individual experiencing those firings.

Shoshinlobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Consciousness & Mind are fascinating topics to ponder....

It's like becoming aware and then the knowing of this awareness ....The big picture then colouring in the picture...or joining/connecting the dots...

Consciousness is (for want of a better term) just mind blowing :)

Thus have I heard
    " You can use the mind to understand logic, but you can't use logic to understand the mind"