Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Going to King Crimson's 2017 US Tour final show tonight in Milwaukee

33_333_3 Veteran
edited November 2017 in General Banter

King Crimson was the intellectually progressive part of my musical heritage. In The Court was life-changing. I have been with them every step of their existence. Mr. Fripp has now added 3 drummers and with a 4th if needed. Adrian Belew will return in 2018 after an email issue. I have met David Singleton, Robert's partner in DGM and Robert's guitar tech. All of the UK people are kind and helpful. I shoot concert photography and specialize in Drummer Photography. King Crimson does not allow photos but they did allow me on stage shots of gear before the band in Chicago. My website: Drummer Photographer.

lobster

Comments

• jwredeljwredel Albuquerque Veteran

confusion will be my epitaph

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Mine will be "To be continued"..... ;)

General Banter sub-forum.
    Anything goes.

Bunks
  • jwredeljwredel Albuquerque Veteran

(Actually it's a fairly famous line from one of King Crimson's songs)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oh.

I'm more of a Rachmaninov gal myself....

• Have a wonderful time. <3

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Those guys screwed with my brain back in the day alright.

I saw them in Toronto a couple of times. Well one was King Crimson and one was An Evening with Robert Fripp.

Very nice.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Hmmm. Very... curious? I’m more in the way of Sting or Hall & Oates.

Last Rock concert I went to was Status Quo, with my eldest daughter. We took earplugs.
    I still didn't hear properly for a couple of days....

Bunks
  • @jwredel said:
    confusion will be my epitaph

Powerful

• 33_333_3 Veteran
    edited November 2017

King Crimson has been actively going forward since their inception in 69. Anyone who started with "In The Court of The King Crimson" and continued through all the incarnations into 2017 understands what they have contributed to music and art culture. Emerson, Lake and Palmer came from KC with Greg Lake. Bill Buford was in Yes before he joined KC. The list goes on.

If you never heard of the Band and are interested there is an album "The Young Person's Guide to King Crimson." If you are drawn to progressive jazz jump into any recent recording live. They have had 3 drummers for the last few year. No one plays close to their level.