Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Vegetarianism or not? Again....

2»

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Alan Watts on "desire"... .(Relating to the Middle Way ...what we all need to seek in order to find peace of mind when faced with a dilemma )

• jwredeljwredel Albuquerque Veteran
    edited December 2017

@seeker242 said:
    Actually, I can say that would never happen because rebirth would make it impossible for that being to never have lived at all. If that being were not born as a chicken, it simply would take some other rebirth.

This path is one of questioning ... but even about that notion I realize that I could be wrong! (I recognize my assertion for the certainty of uncertainty!) The idea of certainty and true knowledge is a momentous one and not to be taken lightly. In any event, good luck to you.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I very occasionally eat meat... when I feel my body needs it... and most often I eat vegetarian.

Everybody else is free to do as their feelings dictate, I don’t judge.

• In the interests of a balanced mental diet, I may watch the film Troll 2
    The plot concerns a family pursued by vegetarian goblins who seek to transform them into plants so that they can eat them. O.o>:):anguished:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_2

Ay caramba!

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@lobster said:
    In the interests of a balanced mental diet, I may watch the film Troll 2
    The plot concerns a family pursued by vegetarian goblins who seek to transform them into plants so that they can eat them. O.o>:):anguished:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_2

Ay caramba!

"Bobalob little weeeeed"

Our body's subatomic particles are constantly transforming into all kinds of phenomena
    Think about it..It's a matter of fact :)... Recycling ...

We are what we eat some say....Well at least I'm not a gluts
    Along with fruit & vegetables...I'm quite happy being Nuts!

May I clearly perceive all experience to be as insubstantial and the dream fabric of the night and instantly awaken to perceive the pure wisdom displayed in the arising of every phenomenon"

• @jwredel said:
    your are still missing the point. You will never know the animal's perspective. Never.

Au contraire......

jwredelShoshin
  • CarameltailCarameltail UK Veteran
    edited December 2017

I think a good comprimise is to eat less meat but still eat enough to be healthy. Humans are very flexible eaters and most diets contain too much meat anyway. However we still need it to be healthy for the most part, until the technology to grow good meat. I guess options such as growing food from bacteria has been examined before.
    Also support meat from animals which are treated better.

I think the other problem is the sheer number of people in the world today that means more animals have to be killed and kept in harsher conditions.
    At the end of the day it's someones choice whether they choose to be vegetarian or not and I think most human bodies do need meat at least occasionaly unless they can survive on alternatives. Alternatives are out there but many come with their own problems.