Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Your ideas!

CarlitaCarlita Bastian please! Save us!United States Veteran
edited December 2017 in Buddhism Basics

I was wondering if there are topics you guys want me to focus on in Dharma Sundays. What would help you? Study topics? You can just list them in this thread with or without discussion-the more specific, the better.

I have many topics from many sources but I wanted Dharma Sundays to be productive and constructive too.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2017

There is no obligation to have 'Dharma Sundays'. Just post what you feel like posting.
    It's a relaxed atmosphere here, there is no regimen or fixed period of study.
    I mean, it's nice that you want to post stuff, but chill.
    If people want to respond, fine. If not, leave it be.
    There's no need or requirement to adopt a position of 'group leader' or Dhamma-Coach.

There are other sites where an adherence to Dhamma study is emphasised, and discussion is very academic and frankly, sometimes stuffy and over-thought.
    This isn't that kind of place or that type of style.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Love is a theme for me right now (and I guess @shadowleaver too). Other subjects I would like would be the nature of wisdom or the senses in meditation.

I think it’s a great initiative @Carlita ...

Carlita
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2017

Yes it is. But it doesn't have to be a fixed issue, every week... that's why I recommend 'relaxing'. If we want academia, there's always Dhamma/DharmaWheel....

• CarlitaCarlita Bastian please! Save us! United States Veteran
    edited December 2017

@Kerome said:
    Love is a theme for me right now (and I guess @shadowleaver too). Other subjects I would like would be the nature of wisdom or the senses in meditation.

I think it’s a great initiative @Carlita ...

Yep. Im a teacher by passion and trade; so, this comes natural. :) Love is a good topic. Im not too familar with what The Buddha specifically says about love or at least using that word; so, this would be a new topic for me to look into.

Yes, it would certainly evoke a good discussion.
    I'd like to avoid overlap, and see if we can actually dig out good scriptural references. This would make it interesting.
    Personal opinion experience and thought is already the trend in the other thread(s) under discussion.
    It would be great to cross-reference though, wouldn't it?

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@federica said:
    There is no obligation to have 'Dharma Sundays'. Just post what you feel like posting.
    It's a relaxed atmosphere here, there is no regimen or fixed period of study.
    I mean, it's nice that you want to post stuff, but chill.
    If people want to respond, fine. If not, leave it be.
    There's no need or requirement to adopt a position of 'group leader' or Dhamma-Coach.

There are other sites where an adherence to Dhamma study is emphasised, and discussion is very academic and frankly, sometimes stuffy and over-thought.
    This isn't that kind of place or that type of style.

I agree. NB is my "home" as well as my Sangha. (Also my mother was a teacher so that may have something to do with feeling like I'm back at school sometimes)

Just my 0.02
    _ /\ _

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I'm not saying anyone is doing it intentionally but there seems to be some resistance to this kind of thread.

If you're not interested, can't you just ignore it?

Carlita
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited December 2017

Why? Is resistance now illegal?

Bunks