Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Married on Nov 11

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator

When @Brian and I started this site in 2004 while a college student in my home state of Pennsylvania, I hadn't yet even acknowledged I am gay. This past Saturday I was married to my boyfriend of more than five years, Aaron. The reading was from Obergefell v. Hodges which got a standing ovation from 150 of our friends and family here in Detroit. What a journey it's been. :chuffed:

karastilobstershadowleaverJeffreyVastmindShoshinHozanFosdickyagrBuddhadragonNirvanaDavidLionduckpersonWonderingSeekergenkakuZenshinLee82eleNMADDPmisecmisc1TreeLuvr87Jason

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Wonderful news, congratulations to you both!

Jeffrey
  • <3 Wonderful indeed. Congratulations to you and Aaron. <3

Amor Vincit Omnia which I believe is a Latin mantra, meaning 'Love conquers All'

Hozan
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Cheers! :hurrah:

karasti
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I honestly couldn't be happier for you - !

I don't know if you are aware of the significance of this day - 11th November - but here in the UK (and in Europe) it's Armistice Day. A day when all hostilities ended and World Peace reigned once more (albeit briefly).
    I can't think of a better celebration than yours.

33_3
  • HozanHozan Veteran
    edited November 2017

Congratulations to yourself and Aaron, @Linc . Always great to hear good news! Wishing you both every health and happiness.

lobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Awesome news...

<3 Metta to both of you <3<3

lobster
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited November 2017

@Linc said:
    When @Brian and I started this site in 2004 while a college student in my home state of Pennsylvania, I hadn't yet even acknowledged I am gay. This past Saturday I was married to my boyfriend of more than five years, Aaron. The reading was from Obergefell v. Hodges which got a standing ovation from 150 of our friends and family here in Detroit. What a journey it's been. :chuffed:

Much metta and Mazel Tov!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May you only know happiness <3

• Congratulations, much love to the happy couple.

karasti
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Congratulations to the happy couple <3

karastiHozan
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Good for you @Linc! All the best to you and your new hubby.....

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

Wonderful Bravery, I say!

Proud of you both.

• May you have a long and enriching union.
    Congratulations!

silver
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

Awesome @Linc, best wishes for you and your partner.

• Many congratulations @Linc

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

...Still waiting for the awesome photos, @Linc.... A treat and sight for sore eyes, when we're surrounded by so much bad news!

• misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran

Congrats.

Bunks

@thewiseowl said:
    ...Still waiting for the awesome photos, @Linc.... A treat and sight for sore eyes, when we're surrounded by so much bad news and FAKE VIEWS!

So many phonies and belligerents in the world today. Refreshing to see unconventional displays of love and affection.

So proud of you!

Shoshin
  • ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

I'm very happy for you guys. May you have many, many years of happiness.

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

...And for goodness sake, take a honeymoon and enjoy it!

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

@federica said:
    ...Still waiting for the awesome photos, @Linc....

Me too. I expect we'll be a ways into 2018 before the photographer finishes editing them all. :) There are a few kicking around Facebook, but I don't really wanna collect a bunch of random shots when I know the good ones will be along.

lobsterfederica

@ajhayes said:

We delayed that a bit until the dead of winter, but we are headed somewhere warm. :)

ajhayesfederica
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Linc said:

@ajhayes said:

We delayed that a bit until the dead of winter, but we are headed somewhere warm. :)

Australia's nice and warm at that time of year....... :D

ajhayes
    edited December 2017

I should mention a couple things.

First, Aaron broke his elbow (hairline but inside the joint) the day before out wedding while hanging those string lights from the ceiling in our wedding venue. He missed a step coming down the scaffold about 3 feet off the ground and fell back onto his wrist. He finished hanging the lights, had the rehearsal dinner, then I demanded we go to the ER. He got the plaster splint that night and we got home at like 2am. He only needed it for 2 weeks; it's already gone and he's doing physical therapy to fix his range of motion the rest of the way. But the stories are forever. :)

Second, a few intros. That's @Brian doing the "tada" pose in front of us on stage. He had just brought forward our rings for us. Aaron's father is giving a toast on stage. And our neighbor Ashley was the officiant. It was at the Jam Handy building in Detroit, which is an event space.

Nirvana
  • ?? ?Outstanding photos. Worth the wait. Thanks for sharing your special day. ?? ?

Oh thank you so much @Linc, they have made my day. I'm sitting here with a sore throat (Some throat-demon is busy rubbing down the sides nicely, with coarse-grade sandpaper!) and a bunged-up nose (no description necessary!) and they have brightened my morning!

Linc: "Aaron, let's get married!"
    Aaron: "Yeah, twist my arm, why doncha...?"
    Linc: "Ok, if you say so.... anything to oblige...."

Happy day, wonderful pics. Amazing venue, Silly boy..... :D

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

....Gotta love those socks! :grin:

ShoshinLincNirvana
  • When two souls join, it matters not the outer shells. For the light shines through all.
    May your journey together be wondrous indeed.

ShoshinNirvana
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Great photo’s, they made me smile. It looks like there is joy and happiness in that marriage.

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

congrats.photo vibe is beautiful.

silverNirvana

Ditto, Kiddo!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

I hate your dumb face. <3 Congratulations, my friend.

lobster