Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy Christmas 2017

I went to my local Tantric Pagan Temple ... sorry Church.

Beautiful.
So many positive changes. Lovely nativity scene, Birthday boy not arrived yet. Flowers being arranged. Outstanding vibe. I lit a votive candle for us heretics (Buddhists).

<3 OM MANI PEME HUNG (The jewel in the stable) <3
Happy Christmas everyone. Peace and Goodwill to All.

federicakarastiHozansilverShoshinKundoJeroen

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

What a lovely pic @lobster!

Xmas isn't my thing either and I'm always a little bemused by people who are offended when I say that to them.

I try and explain:

a) I am not a Christian
    b) I don't like shopping

Hope you all get a little time off work to hang with the people you want to hang with....

HozanShoshinCarlita
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Christmas comes but once a year,...Thank [a] god for that....let's have a beer (non-alcoholic beer of course :) ) ...

Season's greetings NBM

Bunks

@Shoshin said:

Season's greetings NBM

NBM? That's where I'm going for the weekend :)

lobsterShoshinHozan
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited December 2017

If anyone is a fan of the Christmas movie Elf with Will Ferrell, I'll be making these treats this year.

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50400/buddy-the-elf-cookies-recipe/

karastiCarlita
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

@person I don't know if I can handle that much sweet these days!

My five year old is convinced it's going to snow tomorrow because it's Xmas Day.
    I haven't the heart to tell him it's going to be 21c and sunny!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Bunks, sometimes you just gotta let 'em find it out fer themselves....

Bunks
  • Never mind xmas, what is Boxing Day all about......

silver
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Season's Greetings from a beach Downunder...
    Merry Xmas :)

Pohutukawa Tree ( The Kiwi Christmas tree )

It has beautiful crimson flowers which are in full bloom over the Christmas period

silverkarastipersonlobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

My Christmas tableau... in miniature on the window sill to save space

silver
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Interesting fact: Nowhere anywhere in the bible, does it mention Joseph and Mary travelling to Bethlehem on a donkey. That is the stuff of fanciful invention and traditional carols.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

As a kid, we had the full crèche scene on top of our piano, adorned on either side by those holiday candles that drip different colors and one of these:

Oh yeah, we had that! The heat from the candles makes the horizontal fan, at the top rotate... the angels, hung from the fan blades, are piping a sound of trumpets, a fanfare heralding the birth of the christ child; the fine rods hanging from their feet, strike two little bells as they go round...so cute!

• I love Christmas. Especially when it is over. :chuffed:

Normal dharma is now resumed ... o:)

ShoshinHozan