Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A hypothetical situation, but advice needed

misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a HinduIndia Veteran

Hi All,
Good Morning.
Based on the type of weird person I am, a thought came to my mind that suppose I have only 1 day left to live. So what would you advice me as to what would be the best way to utilize the last 24 hours of my life? I would not be able to meet with my family personally given that I am in Aus and they are in India and the flight availability and transit time would be more than 24 hours. So what would be the best way to utilize the last 24 hours of my life, so that it can be of maximum benefit to me? Any advice. Please suggest. Thanks.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The best thing would be to put all banal questions out of your mind, make as many phone calls as you can to tell your loved ones you love them, then spend the rest of the time meditating on impermanence.

Once you're dead, such matters will no longer matter.
    So why do they matter now?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
This discussion has been closed.