Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Moody Blues

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

Sometimes we are in the mood sometimes we are not in the mood...We seem to go wherever the mood takes us...

"Mood Swings" (Or "Why can't the Mind get any peace" )
~Ajahn Chah~

What Buddhist techniques have you found helpful in dealing with mood swings (both your own and others) ?

And as for my self....
;)

silverSnakeskin

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Breathing, and bringing the Mind home. Realising that my Mood swing is merely a transitory event.
    Sometimes it is hormonally-charged, but this too shall pass. Take it for what it is. simply a part of being a human in samsara.
    Sometimes it is event-fuelled, but this too shall pass. Take it for what it is. Simply a part of being a human succumbing to clinging, aversion, attachment and "Suffering".
    Bringing the Mind home, all at once brings Peace and Frustration.
    But that is a remnant of the resentment caused by clinging.
    I prefer the Peace, and turn to it more and more easily as I practise....

lobsterShoshin
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited January 2018

When overly excited reflect on how many times you wasted the energy in endless meaningless waves of samsara. And at this time you have a choice what to pay attention to.

Shoshin
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I can relate to the signpost.
    And the article was short and sweet - and I found it very helpful - I guess I've been approaching ripeness to actually 'hear' what he's saying about the emotions / moods aren't really us or ours, but an emotional STATE. I do believe I'd been living my whole life AS IF the emotions and moods really was an integral part of ME! Why did I have to get so freakin' old before I knew otherwise, eh?

JeffreyShoshinlobster