Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Secret Buddhist

What are your ways to practice in public but secretly?

Secret Buddhist tips:

Drink Choco 'Yogi Tea' - Yum
Put in a flask and pretend it is coffee

Overcoming anger
https://allaboutenlightenment.com/tag/highest-secret-buddhist-teachings/

Practice calm
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/10-ways-smart-people-stay-calm_us_59134c00e4b0e070cad70b0b

Any tips on secretly recycling Buddha Dharma?

ShoshinHozan

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Any tips on secretly recycling Buddha Dharma?

Remember the breath & watch the Mind (both are always present ...) ....Or one could simply Om a tune/mantra ;):lol:

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I try to be ever more aware of my actions and what goes on around me.

I try to be kind and to help when I can.

I've learned how to meditate on a crowded bus.

BunkslobsterFosdickHozan
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I've made it a point - mostly, when remember - that no matter who we walk by - mostly strangers or deal with them at stores or mechanics shops, if I wonder if they'll say hi to me, I smile even if it's a little smile, I feel that at least they know I'm not ignoring them. Like today for example, I was leaving the library and one of the people I passed did say hello, and I had my smile at the ready. It actually made me happy that SOMEone said hello.

When reading the above posts, I thought of the song from The Sound of Music called "I whistle a happy tune." Even if I don't recall all the lyrics, just humming it silently makes me smile and that puts one in a good mood to face whatever / whomever you have to, that day.

Are those good answers?

lobster
  • @silver said:
    Are those good answers?

Yes =)
    The inner smile is a superpower ... ;)

silver
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I talk to my friends and on Internet forums about Buddhist things without actually mentioning Buddhism. Sometimes just mentioning a thought is Buddhist makes the conversation about Buddhism, rather than about the thing. So sometimes I repackage thinking, removing the stamp of “Buddhist” just in order to get people to look at something.

lobster