Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Find who you were in your most recent past lives!

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran
edited February 2018 in Buddhism Basics

New technology now allows us to find out who we were in our most recent past lives!

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/low_concept/2015/04/the_reincarnation_machine_find_out_your_past_lives.html

My most famous past incarnation was as the explorer Vasco da Gama and sadly as a bug a few times too.

lobsterShoshinBunksSnakeskin

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2018

A veritable host and varied plethora of international royalty, nobility and power, interspersed with the odd bee, clam and pigeon. Most recently, apparently, I was Ned Sparks.
    What a come-down....

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(I've just done my husband's; His most famous incarnation was King Richard I, also known as 'The Lionheart'. I daren't tell him, it's bound to go to his head, and I'll never hear the end of it.
    The fact he was a housefly for 4 days will pale into insignificance.....)

lobsterpersonSnakeskin
  • "Before that, you lazed around as a panda for 1,016 days...."

1016 / 365 = 2 years old

Yup, that's definitely me. :p

ShoshinFoibleFull

"Boye Boye Merry Poppens, don' shtay awey two lorng...."

lobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I don’t think it works very well, it thinks I was a human while I was sure I was a hamster...

FoibleFull

Yeah. And a blade of grass. And a Rock.

Since when does a Rock have transmutable Consciousness...?!

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@federica said:

Don't let them hear you talk that way!

ShoshinfedericaHozan
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@federica said:

According to Shinto .... spirits also live in rocks...
    Besides I've met people who were as thick as a brick ;)

Amongst other things I was once a tapeworm which is enough to give anyone the shits ....

Snakeskin
  • @silver said:

@federica said:

Don't let them hear you talk that way!

Don't worry. They're committed to ignoring us. Reminds me of the short story, "They're Made of Meat".

Shoshin
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    edited February 2018

Before you were you, you were …

Jackie Robinson

Jack Roosevelt "Jackie" Robinson (January 31, 1919 – October 24, 1972) was an American baseball player who became the first African-American to play in Major League Baseball (MLB) in the modern era.

I always was good at baseball when I was a kid. :)

person
  • pegembarapegembara Veteran
    edited February 2018

Before my birth ... Does that qualify?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Who knows...Perhaps future lives we will all be AI....

"Life for some is already a dream, played out on a computer screen"