Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Short Dharma talks that cover various subjects of Happiness, Suffering, Fear, etc.

NMADDPNMADDP SUN Diego, California Veteran

This series of lectures cover Happiness, The Science of the Mind, Suffering, Self-Compassion, Mindfulness, Our Senses, Fear, Fearlessness, and Patience.

Personally, I think this series of short lectures are very excellent. It covers on subjects that we all have to deal with. I have learned a lot from these lectures. Even though I knew some of these subjects before, but my wisdom on these are only superficial.

I think these lectures are very good for starters.

Lectured by Venerable Hong Ci - all in English
In the first talk in the series, Venerable Hong Ci talks about himself/his story.

A Mi Tuo Fo

ShoshinSnakeskin

Comments

• NMADDPNMADDP SUN Diego, California Veteran
    edited February 2018

Opps, look like the post only shows the first video. Not the rest of the list.
    Below is the list of the videos:
    [English] A Bodhi Moment: My Story - Episode 1 - Ven. Hong Ci

[English] A Bodhi Moment: Happiness - Episode 2 - Ven. Hong Ci

[English] A Bodhi Moment: Buddhism – Science of the Mind - Episode 3 - Ven. Hong Ci

[English] A Bodhi Moment: Buddhism – Suffering and Self-Compassion - Episode 4 - Ven. Hong Ci

[English] A Bodhi Moment: Mindfulness - Episode 5 - Ven. Hong Ci

English] A Bodhi Moment: Guard Our Senses and Live a Happier Life - Episode 6 - Ven. Hong Ci

[English] A Bodhi Moment: Fear and Fearlessness - Episode 7 - Ven. Hong Ci

[English] A Bodhi Moment: Patience - Episode 8 - Ven. Hong Ci

A Mi Tuo Fo

• I watched the first one. His story was heartbreaking and inspiring.