Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Social Media Shutdown to promote Mindfulness

2»

Comments

• @DhammaDragon said:
    -I am a hedonist, so what else?

I think most Buddhists are headonists - too much thinking. :p
    Wait ... that's not what you meant ... :3

Sorry could not resist ;)

and now let's hedon back to mindfulness (iz joke - nearly)

BuddhadragonHozanJeroen
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@lobster said:

@DhammaDragon said:
    -I am a hedonist, so what else?

I think most Buddhists are headonists - too much thinking. :p
    Wait ... that's not what you meant ... :3

You should know me better than that by now, @lobster...
    I am sooooo not the thinking type.
    Least of all, the overthinker type.
    My cup is only full of tea, but empty of anything else...

And by the way, I have closed a page I had on FB and a parallel account because I have no extra time to dedicate to media and I have been bombarded with soooo many messages from FB to wheedle me back that, honestly, I would not undergo closing an account again unless it were strictly necessary.

I have not visited twitter in ages, but since I did not close the account, nobody breathes down my neck about it.

Hozanlobster
  • personShoshinCarameltailLinc
  • Feeling great! Social media Free! Very focused. Very clear. Very calm.

• HozanHozan Veteran

Well my month is up! I really felt a difference not using social media for the month of February. I feel much clearer, calm and focused. As I deleted my accounts I would have to go to the effort of setting up brand new accounts if I wanted them. I'm not feeling like I want to do that, at this point in time. ???

lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Socair said: ... at this point in time. ???

... Is there any other...? ;)

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@federica said:

@Socair said: ... at this point in time. ???

... Is there any other...? ;)

Spot on @federica ! Very true! ???????

• Gonna share that on ... here, nowhere else ... Well said everyone. Keep your mobile in your pocket. Connect with FaceWorld ... :)

HozanCarameltail
  • After using "the unholy trinity" of facebook, twitter and instagram for a good number of months I have decided that there is no middle path with me when it comes to use of social media. I end up overusing it and it becomes habitual. I know the middle road is the path to strive for and I admire all those who can use social media sparingly and effectively. I am not here to bash social media. I am here to finally realise like anyone who uses something addictively , I need abstinence from it. Facebook, twitter and instagram accounts have been deleted permanently. I can already feel the unburdening and lightness.....

personlobsterShoshinBuddyUk
  • HozanHozan Veteran
    edited September 2018

i'mout ???

• That was supposed to be hastagi'mout

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yeah, a hashtag (for reasons completely unknown to me!) creates a large bold font.

I use it to attract attention if I need to make a Mod-announcement...!

Got it...?!

:D

Hozan
  • @federica said:
    Yeah, a hashtag (for reasons completely unknown to me!) creates a large bold font.

I use it to attract attention if I need to make a Mod-announcement...!

Got it...?!

:D

Got it!

• It is part of the markdown language? @Linc

#subheading
    heading
    =======

subheading

heading

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

Quicklink under yellow text entry box ...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

There should be an ‘escape character’ that lets you just print a hashtag though