Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Willem Dafoe's laundry habit

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited February 2018 in Arts & Writings

Willem Dafoe: Oscar's Enigmatic Underdog Wants to "Disappear"

Here is a typical day in the life of Willem Dafoe: He wakes up early, usually around 5 or 6. He meditates, has a cup of coffee and writes in his journal for a while. Then he checks his email, does some yoga and makes breakfast. If he's prepping for a film, which he almost always is, he'll go over his lines for a couple of hours. If he's not, he'll read a book, take a walk around his West Village neighborhood or — his favorite activity of all — do some laundry.

"It's one of my great pleasures," he says, dead serious. "I love it so much, I have to resist the urge to do a lot of hand washing when I'm in hotels. Sometimes, when I'm in a strange city, I go to laundromats. I did that in France recently — I was shooting a movie there — and it was a beautiful experience. For some reason, people are really nice to me in laundromats and I have these great encounters. Talk about fun and sexy …"

I just really enjoyed this article and thought I'd share it. I read about a person like this and just think, "He gets it."

federicaHozanlobsterkarastiNirvanaRodrigoBuddhadragon

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

What a brilliant article. Thanks, I really enjoyed reading it. I'm kinda in love with the guy, now....

• <3

Reminded me of this story from Tom Sawyer ... on the nature of work and play ...
    https://www.whatsoproudlywehail.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Twain_Whitewashing-the-Fence.pdf

Bunks
  • I’ve always liked Willem Defoe as an actor. Now I have some respect for him. And I can relate. I have a wicked dish washing habit.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@federica said:
    What a brilliant article. Thanks, I really enjoyed reading it. I'm kinda in love with the guy, now....

I have always been in love with the guy...
    I had a teenage crush with him as he played Sgt Elias in Oliver Stone's "Platoon."