Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

St Patrick's day!

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

USA Style....

Irish style...

Have fun everyone!

lobster

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

We do love a parade, but I can assure you we do have intimate gatherings with loved ones too.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I hate crowds so large parades are definitely not for me! I am not Irish whatsoever, but my husband is about half Irish, so we recognize the day. We stopped drinking 3 months ago though and he hates cabbage and potatoes. We do love brisket but we usually make our own and smoking meat just is not in the cards. It is a gorgeous sunny spring like day here, and we will just enjoy the day. If you celebrate, I hope it is enjoyable for all!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well today, England got well and truly slaughtered at rugby, by Ireland and lost by a mile. Rightly so...No Irish rugby player could have ever gone home, if they had lost, today of all days....

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@karasti said:
    It is a gorgeous sunny spring like day here, and we will just enjoy the day. If you celebrate, I hope it is enjoyable for all!

Well I’m jealous, it’s -2 degrees C here and going to get cold tonight. It was snowing this morning. Unfortunately I’m not even slightly Irish so have no excuse to celebrate.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited March 2018

I celebrated by visiting my brothers grave marker. He blew up 9 years ago today and the specifics are still uncertain. He drove into a big rock at high speed. All that was left was some fluid and a chunk of his jaw.

No drugs or alcohol in his system and he had a high profile driving gig the next day.

I almost had a swig of whiskey with my other brother but I figured why poison my body to pay my respects?

So I smoked him a joint instead.

I do have Irish blood in me too. Before the great grandfather changed his name we were O'Malloys.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

There's no answer to any of that, that would fill a space with anything that needs saying...

<3

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited March 2018

Thanks @federica.

Not sure why I still have an odd spot for the death of close loved ones. I wasn't even able to post a pic of my first wife's ashes to the shrine thread. I already have pics of 2 of them (shrines) in there so who cares but its odd that I felt an aversion there.

• NMADDPNMADDP SUN Diego, California Veteran

St. Patrick's Dharma: Zen Buddhism Ireland

A Mi Tuo Fo