Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

All that we share

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran

I may have shared this sometime in the past but I came across it again. Tears every time.

DavidShoshinlobsterSnakeskin

Comments

• Fluid boxes ...
    Finding the ones we all belong to, opens up bodhicitta ... then no boxing ...

Snakeskin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The life that I have
    Is all that I have
    And the life that I have
    Is yours

The love that I have
    Of the life that I have
    Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have
    A rest I shall have
    Yet death will be but a pause
    For the peace of my years
    In the long green grass
    Will be yours and yours and yours.

Leo Marks

.. the poem was issued by Marks to Violette Szabo, a French agent of Special Operations Executive who was eventually captured, tortured and killed by the Nazis.

Giving is a whole lot better than not giving; by giving, we share. By sharing, we unite.

adamcrossleyDavid
  • lobsterShoshinJeroen
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2018

Outstanding @satcittananda

Might have to buy that optimistic smelly book for someone ...
    People. Iz plan!

Here is a great plan if you have a spare toddler
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-43006631/the-children-keeping-their-local-care-home-young-and-fun

• i only got 2 awesome for that post. ouch i'm now depressed! i need dopamine! give it to me.... Now... or I will suffer from stress...

Shoshinlobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@satcittananda said:
    i only got 2 awesome for that post. ouch i'm now depressed! i need dopamine! give it to me.... Now... or I will suffer from stress...

Put...The phone...D-O-W-N..... back away from the ipad......

Shoshinsatcittananda
  • I now have 3 awesomes! I'm 30% less depressed. Give me some more DOPAMINE!

Seriously, it is worrying that the world we are living in, is producing people who are starting their working life as adults who expect instant gratification, have been led to believe they are entitled, but are actually unfocussed, depressed (even suicidal), technologically misled young adults who expect to grow up and go to work, have free food and bean bags but can't cope with the comedown of knowing they are nought and have superficial relationships.

I like the imagery associated with the mountain summit analogy. Life isn't about getting to the summit, its how you get there!

Really, I don't need any more awesomes, but a few insightfuls will give me a more slow-release dopamine experience I'm sure!

lobster

The problem is, I have 2 daughters: One, 35. The other, 27. They're both "millennials", but have turned out pretty ok, in spite of that.
    They both have their heads screwed on, my eldest daughter is a wonderful parent to my young, bright, intelligent, articulate and bibliophile grandson, and my youngest is actually giving up a lucrative career and changing direction completely, going back to an education that will ultimately give her the career she wants, but at a much lower pay-grade than she has now... She's in it for the vocational aspect, and the connection she will form with people, rather than continuing her 9 - 5 desk-bound "let's see some results" grind in the city....

So much as I'd love to give you a dozen insightfuls, @satcittananda , I would have to venture that I might be the exception that proves the rule....

• head bowed, hands clasped together, eyes looking in wonder

• you probably know where I'm coming from - awesomes and insightfuls are illustrations of a point of view.

love you and your daughters and progeny.

• lobster
  • the universe is hidden in plain sight!

lobster