Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Impermanence

TsultrimTsultrim Hawaii Veteran
edited April 2018 in Arts & Writings

Hold on to your heart.
[

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

George Jones looks an awful lot like Jim Carrey.... Whose own philosophy on life is something to take note of....

• TsultrimTsultrim Hawaii Veteran

federica do they have country music in your neck of the woods? Jim Carrey with which face?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

They do, but it's more like this:

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited April 2018

I want to like it....but Country is literally the only genre of music I can’t sit through.

I did look up the lyrics...very simple...to the point. Things come and go.

Impermenace can be a beautiful thing.

Jim Carrey with this face

Country & Western, traditional Folk... All come, all go... folk songs are maintained, revived or forgotten, re-discovered, re-launched, re-vamped, given a new beat, made popular once again, and 'keeping the old songs alive'... until.....

Federica you have to be putting me on.??

federica

Vastmind, leave Memphis immediately, your life could be in danger.

personJeroen
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited April 2018

@Tsultrim said:
    Vastmind, leave Memphis immediately, your life could be in danger.

Don’t confuse us with Nashville, ;) hahaha

Federica, different strokes for different folks as the old saying goes. I like all music but most of rap leaves me cold. How about this.

I must admit Tennessee is a bit of a blur to me =) It starts with the spelling. =)

Attachment. For country music lovers only.

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

How about some Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand

Person, i never got Hendricks, and those lyrics should be banned for depressives. I know he was a virtuoso, maybe i haven't listened to him enough.

The Fox Went Out One Chilly Night....

I'd quite forgotten this... We used to sing it at school, and I'd not heard it since then... together with other traditional Folk songs, like 'The Vicar of Bray', 'Green Grow the Rushes oh!' and 'Johnny Todd he was a sailor'....

Passion, Aggression and Ignorance. You gotta love the three poisons when you hear this one.

Federica, thank you for sharing your folk music with me. How nice that you loved it as a child.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Tsultrim said:
    Federica, different strokes for different folks as the old saying goes. I like all music but most of rap leaves me cold. How about this.

I’ve really enjoyed the Tuvan throat singing ever since I first discovered it some years ago. There’s something primitive yet joyful about it, some celebratory.

Sometimes I think that Buddhism doesn’t celebrate enough, it’s not very into song and dance.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

This is Dutch style folk singing...

Kerome, how nice. The sense of camaraderie, of friendship is so appealing. The singer had a nice voice and the whole presentation was relaxed, without tension. Of course the words were all Dutch to me, still I liked it. Did I see a Dutch soccer star and a gold metal Dutch dressage champion?
    Have you ever heard throat singing in person? It's pretty cool.

Yes you did see those... it’s about a particular region in the Netherlands called Brabant, from which the singer hails, and all the people in the video are also from there. It’s a part of the world that knows how to celebrate, they have a Carnival in winter which is a lot of fun.

I’ve not had the good fortune to hear the throat singing in person, no. I mostly just listen to it on YouTube when the mood takes me.

@Tsultrim said:

Wait.... whut?! Wow! That's absolutely incredible....!