Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Why Meditate ?

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

“The reason for learning… is not so that you can sit around and meditate. It’s like when you learn to drive a car in a parking lot. It’s not so you can drive that car in parking lots. You learn in the parking lot because it’s a restricted, safe area. When you [meditate] it’s like learning to drive in the parking lot. Then, in time, you take the car out onto the highway…. Practice is cultivated in order to get around in life….”

The Existential Buddhist

federicapersonVastmindFosdickJeroenlobsterZendoLord84

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I like that. Cool post, @Shoshin .

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Why not-meditate?

... perhaps that should be knot-meditate ...

Very worthwhile link.

Personally I find my life is better with meditation. That will do me ...

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Why Meditate?

Meditation is (so it would seem) much better than must-erbation ;)

Psychologist Albert Ellis used to jest that whenever we placed demands on how life “must” be, we were engaging in “must-erbation.”

federica
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

B)

As well as a seated practice, I find my ultra relaxed daily yoga, has considerable health benefits. I aim for 10 minutes a day, rarely time yoga and usually do more. It is very much informed by my seated practice. So for example, the back is becoming more flexible. The ability to be aware of discomfort and relax it away is very healing.

federicaShoshin