Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Anthony Bourdain

ScottPenScottPen Maryland Veteran

Something to think about

People suffer no matter the level of their "success."

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

Anthony Bourdain seemed like a cool guy. But this world often takes the best before their time, leaving the worst to have their way with it. The world we've created can be cruel and make us feel so terribly alone, sad, confused, tired and drained, or empty of hope for the future. But at the end of the day, all we have is each other, and we must do our best to look out for one another, to love our neighbours as ourselves and help lift each other up out of the darkness.

VastmindScottPenJeroenEliz
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I can't begin to tell you how saddened I am by his demise. My younger brother, who worked as a chef, met him and had nothing but total admiration for him. He always broke the boundaries, went beyond, and dared food to beguile him. Wherever he went, he tried the food so far off the beaten track even the locals didn't know about it. But he brought it to the fore, made it known but never respectable. He loved the off-the-wall, unusual, bizarre.
    My kinda gourmet.
    He's left a chasm where once stood a giant.
    I miss him already.

VastmindScottPen
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

:(