Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Laughter

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

I just posted a word in the word association thread "Laughter" I connected it with "Fits" as in fits of laughter

Which got me thinking of how like yawning & smiling, laughter can also be contagious, plus it reminding me of the laughing meditation we used to do in the local Buddhist group...lay on the floor form a circle by placing our heads on the next person's stomach, then one will start to laugh, even if at first the laughter is somewhat artificial, it still sets genuine laughter in motion...and before you know it, everybody is laughing, in fact many are in fits of laughter

Anyhow it would seem we don't always really need something funny to make us laugh, laughter itself is enough...
:) ...Just thought I would share and get a few laughs :):lol::lol::lol:

lobsterBunks

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Some may be interested in laughter yoga ...
    Many youtube videos ...

https://m.wikihow.com/Do-Laughter-Yoga

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The coincidence is stunning, @Shoshin ; I happened to watch that very video last night... and I had to stifle my own fits of laughter, as my H was watching a particularly serious programme on TV... The reason for the laughter is funny enough, but watching someone else 'lose it' over the humour is a double whammy!
    Laughter: Showing total happiness in one place, and making a song and dance about it.

• FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran

I am always impressed by how easily the older monks laugh. But it is never the frenetic fitful laughter of someone who has not found inner peace.
    Their laughter is like a rippling brook sparkling in the sunlight. Ahhhhhhhh

lobsterShoshin
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Very poetic and true @FoibleFull
    Maybe they have a laughing hat/heart

FoibleFullShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2018

This was life in the UK, in the 60's.

And the 70's. Oh. My. God....!

Shoshin